How to specify Display Name for handleZoomWebUrlAction?

@jon.zoom When we use handleZoomWebUrlAction the SDK would shows the “What is your name?” dialog.

Is there an interface or a workaround that would allow me to set that Display Name programmatically? Maybe something similar to the inputPassword method provided by the ZoomSDKJoinMeetingHelper?

I asked this already in July and @carson.zoom said engineering would add this possibility …

We’re using SDK: v5.2.42037.1112

Hi @tmiskiew, thanks for the post.

This would require modifying the URL, and unfortunately we recently made the decision not to support this approach. In order to do this, you would need to parse the required information out of the URL (e.g. meeting number, passcode, etc.) and the use the typical join/start meeting route. The the name would be set as the displayName property.

Thanks!

Oh gosh this sounds complicated… Can you please provide some more info how to achieve this?

Why cannot we pass a parameter to this call that would allow us to set the display name?

Hi @tmiskiew,

Don’t worry this isn’t nearly as complicated as it may sound!

In a typical join URL, we have the following structure: https://${DOMAIN}/j/${MEETING_NUMBER}?pwd=${ENCRYPTED_PASSCODE}. You would simply need to parse out the meeting number from the path and the passcode query parameter.

Once you have these two pieces of information, you can obtain your MeetingService to join the meeting, along with the display name you would like to use:

if let meetingService = ZoomSDK.shared().getMeetingService() {
  // Create the params object
  let params = ZoomSDKJoinMeetingElements()
  // Use the retrieved parameters here for the number and passcode
  params.meetingNumber = myMeetingNumber
  params.password = myPasscode
  // Use the desired display name here
  params.displayName = myDisplayName

meetingService.joinMeeting(params)
}

Once you call the joinMeeting method, the SDK will handle everything else for you.

Please let me know if anything here is not clear and I will be happy to provide additional info.

Why cannot we pass a parameter to this call that would allow us to set the display name?

The reason handleZoomWebUrlAction does not allow for additional parameters is because there may be conflicting directions between the Zoom URL’s parameters and the parameters passed in from your app.

Thanks!