Can join meeting by URL in macOS

Hi,

Referring to the Ticket.

I am looking for solution for macOS where I can join the meeting with the url, currently I am using meeting id and password, and receive callback with ZoomSDKMeetingServiceDelegate methods.

Thank you
Nirav Desai

Hi @niravd,

Similarly to the Android SDK, the macOS SDK allows you to join a meeting with the join URL through the handleZoomWebUrlAction method. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom thank you for your reply, this solution is working for me to join the meeting with URL.

But I am showing this screen before joining the meeting to enter the name of attendee.

Can this screen be bypassed and the attendee name can be passed with some parameters ?

Hi @niravd,

If you have any additional parameters that must be provided, you must parse the meeting information out of the URL and use the regular join/start meeting methods. We do not support providing additional parameters when passing the raw URL into the SDK.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom

1. So you mean is when I use the join meeting via URL I cannot bypass the entering the name screen. (screenshot shown in my above reply)?

2. Because in my case I am not logged in to the zoom account i.e. attendee will be joining as guest. So is there any way I can either customise this above UI or set some parameter separately specifying the Name of the attendee?

3. In the screenshot shown above what is “LN_Meeting_Name_Title_162714” how can I change that.

I hope all my 3 queries are clear and understandable let me know if any clarification is required.

Thank you,
Nirav Desai

Hey @niravd,

@jon.zoom is currently out, but will follow up with you when he returns :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @niravd,

So you mean is when I use the join meeting via URL I cannot bypass the entering the name screen. (screenshot shown in my above reply)?

You are correct. If you want your username or any additional information to be included, you would need to parse the meeting information out of the URL and call joinMeeting.

Because in my case I am not logged in to the zoom account i.e. attendee will be joining as guest. So is there any way I can either customise this above UI or set some parameter separately specifying the Name of the attendee?

When you are not logged in or otherwise authenticated, you will need to pass in a username or allow the username modal to appear so that the end users can input it themselves.

In the screenshot shown above what is “LN_Meeting_Name_Title_162714” how can I change that.

This is derived from the topic of the meeting itself, so the host of the meeting would need to change that in order for it to be reflected in the default UI.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.