Android : How to start a meeting using a zoom url

Description
How to start a zoom meeting using a zoom url.

Hi @vignesh.9884843620, thanks for the post.

If you wish to pass the join URL directly into the SDK, you can do so through the handZoomWebUrl method by passing it in as a String. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hello @jon.zoom,
I have sent the meeting link along with the password in the URL, but I get a pop-up to enter the meeting password and username, how I can not get the pop-up while joining the meeting using an URL.

Hey @vignesh.9884843620,

Is this happening for every user, or only a specific user?

Thanks!
Michael

It is happening for every user @Michael_Condon, I cannot attach the screenshot on the thread, else I could have attached it.

Hi @vignesh.9884843620,

When joining a meeting, a display name must be specified in some way. If you are logged in, the SDK will automatically provide the display name based on the current user’s account. Otherwise, the end user must input a name to be displayed in the meeting.

Thanks!

Hello @jon.zoom,
I can pass the display name using this method meetingService.joinMeetingWithParams(this, joinMeetingParams, joinMeetingOptions); but how to pass the display name if we join using meetingService.handZoomWebUrl()

Hi @vignesh.9884843620,

Unfortunately, we do not support providing additional parameters when passing the URL directly into the SDK. If you need to provide the display name for your use case, I recommend using the joinMeetingWithParams method.

Thanks!

Hello @jon.zoom,
But I cannot pass the meeting URL with the joinMeetingWithParams method, right?

Hi @vignesh.9884843620,

Yes, your understanding is correct. If you need to pass in additional parameters you will need to parse the meeting information out of the URL before using that method.

Thanks!

Hello @jon.zoom,
So from your information, I can conclude that if I use the URL to join the meeting, I will be prompted with the user name pop up always and I cannot skip it.

Hi @vignesh.9884843620,

There are some scenarios in which you will not see the name/passcode dialog (e.g. if you are the host of a meeting and have the start URL with a ZAK, if you are logged into the SDK, etc.), but generally speaking if you use the generic join URL with that method as an anonymous user that dialog will appear and cannot be prevented. The only way around it is to use the joinMeetingWithParams approach.

Thanks!

Sure @jon.zoom understood, thank you.

Hello @jon.zoom,
In the meeting link, there is a pwd=“somedata” is there a way I can decrypt the pwd data, so that I can send the password to the Zoom SDK via joinMeetingWithParams and I can join the meeting through it. And I get the meeting id already in the URL. If it helps it will solve my issue.

Thank you.

Hi @vignesh.9884843620,

You should be able to pass in that pwd param’s value directly without decryption. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hello @jon.zoom,
I passed it in joinMeetingParams.password but a pop-up is showing up to enter the passcode.

Hi @vignesh.9884843620,

Are you certain that you are including only the value of the pwd query parameter from the join URL? For example, if the URL was https://myjoinurl.com/j/1234567890?pwd=mymeetingpassword, the passcode you should pass into the SDK would only be mymeetingpassword.

Thanks!

@jon.zoom,
Yes am certain, I took the pwd value from the meeting URL and passed it to the joinMeetingParams.password I get the pop up enter the passcode after taking the user to the meeting page.

Hello @jon.zoom,
If I try to generate the link using a new account, am able to get into the meeting, let me try with few different URLs and get back to you. Thank you so much.

Hello @jon.zoom,
I tried with different URLs for only one URL I was not getting the pop up, other than that, all other URLs were showing the pop-up to enter the passcode.