How to turn off registration required using API

Hi,
I create metting via API but when I click on my join link I got a “Metting Registration” how I turn off that when I create my metting by API?

Thanks

Hi @ktremblay,

Good question—if you wish to disable registration, you can do so via the Create Meeting Endpoint when you initially create it, by setting the "approval_type" to 2 in the "settings" object of the request body.

Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 10.31.28 AM

For an existing meeting, you can use the Update Meeting endpoint.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Will

Ok, but what if I don’t want the host to admit the attendee?

Hi @ktremblay,

Have you considered turning on a waiting room? This would allow the host to admit individuals when they join the meeting.

Thanks,
Will

I don’t want the host to have to admit pepole, because it always a 1:1 mettings

Hey @ktremblay,

If you’re looking to have users automatically join meetings, you’ll want to disable registration and waiting rooms as well as enable the ability for users to join before the host. This can all be done through the meeting settings in your Zoom portal as well as the settings of the Create Meeting API.

If that doesn’t work for you, please provide more information on the use-case you have and any issues you’re encountering.

Thanks,
Max

I also want to disabled join before host

So no waiting room, no join before host, no registration and auto join when the host start the metting

Hey @ktremblay,

That’s correct! If you disable the waiting room, join before host and registration that will allow users to automatically join the meeting when they click the join URL.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I hope that’s helpful.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.