How to use meetingUuid

Hi,
I would like to persist the zoom meetingUuid into the database. I see a difference between Java’s UUID format and Zoom’s meeting Uuid. When I tried to create a java UUID from zoom’s meeting UUID, it throws invalid format exception. Can you help me in generating the java equivalent format?

Thanks,
smsivanesan

The UUID that is passed back is not a standard UUID so you can’t convert those to Java’s UUID instance. They appear to be base64 encoded value so you’ll need to store them as simple strings in Java.

Thanks Dhyun, Some times, meeting Uuid contains special chars like slashes etc. (“dTXi1//NSBKh0IVZfTekMg==”). Hence, I was reluctant to store as it is in database. Also, many modules in our application uses Java UUID format. So, it would be great if we can find a way to format it in standard UUID format.

OR if its is not possible, are there any a best practices to be followed when dealing with Zoom Meeting UUID?? All we want is, to use it as a unique ID to locate a particular meeting.

Thanks,
smsivanesan

@sivanesan.murugesan forward slashes are fine and you don’t have to worry about backward slashes (which you would have to escape) as they are not valid base64 characters.

You’re not going to be able to convert a simple base64 string into a UUID. The other possibility is that you have a lookup table that maps the base64 string to a proper UUID in a separate table. The UUID (I presume) is already a unique ID within Zoom. If you have other identifiers in your system, then you’ll need to map that on your end.

Thanks Dhyun for your time in answering my questions.

Thanks for your explantations @dhyun! :slight_smile:

Just another note, @sivanesan.murugesan, when using a meetingUUID that has a slash in it to call the api, make sure to double url encode it.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,
Thanks. If host and participants are recording the same meeting, will the recordings in their individual accounts will have the same MeetingUUID?

Thanks,
smsivanesan

Hi Tommy,
Any update on my above query?
Thanks,
smsivanesan

Hey @sivanesan.murugesan,

Yes, the meetingUUID will be the same.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy. Understood

1 Like