I'm getting “Signature invalid.” or “The signature has expired.” errors

Description
I am getting an error. I am import your test “zoom-sdk-web-1.9.0.zip” in Asp.NET MVC. I try signature genereated by Serverside and “ZoomMtg.generateSignature”.

Error
When I use “ZoomMtg.generateSignature” I get “Signature invalid.”
When I use “https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web/build/signature” site C# part I get “Signature invalid.”
When I use same marketplace site C# part and I changed
(ToTimestamp(DateTime.UtcNow.ToUniversalTime()) - 30000).ToString();
to
(ToTimestamp(DateTime.Now) - 30000).ToString();
I get “The signature has expired.”

Which Client Web SDK version?
Web SDK 1.9.0

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Browser: Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox
  • Browser Version: Chrome 88.0.4324.146 (Official Build) (64 bit)
    Opera 74.0.3911.154
    Mozilla Firefox 85.0.2 (64 bit)

Hey @yunusemrekazann,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Please provide the signature that you’re using when this happens and I’ll investigate this further.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM ,

Thank you for answer.

When I use “ZoomMtg.generateSignature” I get “Signature invalid.”
Signature =

When I use “https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web/build/signature” site C# part I get “Signature invalid.”

When I use same marketplace site C# part and I changed
(ToTimestamp(DateTime.UtcNow.ToUniversalTime()) - 30000).ToString();
to
(ToTimestamp(DateTime.Now) - 30000).ToString();
I get “The signature has expired.”
Signature =

Thanks,
Yunus Emre KAZAN

Hey @yunusemrekazann,

Thank you for providing additional information. It looks like you are using your SDK Key and Secret in order to generate these signatures. Please use the API Key and Secret from a JWT app instead:

Also, using the Web SDK will require a Pro Plan or higher.

Make sure that you are using UTC in order to generate the timestamp as any other timezone could conflict with the timezone used by our servers.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM ,

Thanks for your answer. JWT is working but I already use Pro Plan WebSDK Api Key and Secret so I don’t understand why it isn’t working?

Hey @yunusemrekazann,

Thank you for the update. Just to clarify, you were able to generate a valid signature using the JWT credentials and you’re wondering why the SDK credentials don’t work, is that correct?

If so, this is the expected behavior when using the Web SDK. You will need to generate a signature with the JWT credentials instead of the SDK credentials regardless of the plan that you’re on.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.