"include_fields" param ignored in get live meeting participants

Description
I am making a making a call to get a list of live meeting participants. The include_fields=registrant_id parameter is being sent along but the list of meeting participants does not include a registrant_id in the participant record. The meeting requires registration and all of the participants joined via the Zoom app.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?

Sample: GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/metrics/meetings/88498339030/participants?type=live&include_fields=registrant_id

Additional context
Hereā€™s a sample excerpt of the response:

{
  "page_count": 1,
  "page_size": 30,
  "total_records": 17,
  "next_page_token": "",
  "participants": [
    {
      "id": "SJGX3btcSwGtxxxbe1-orw",
      "user_id": "16791552",
      "user_name": "Juan Camacho",
      "device": "Mac",
      "ip_address": "108.20.135.165",
      "location": "Canton (US)",
      "network_type": "Wifi",
      "data_center": "United States (Cloud Top)",
      "join_time": "2021-02-09T15:22:12Z",
      "share_application": false,
      "share_desktop": false,
      "share_whiteboard": false,
      "recording": false,
      "pc_name": "",
      "domain": "",
      "mac_addr": "",
      "harddisk_id": "",
      "version": "5.4.59780.1220",
      "email": "test@example.com",
      "status": "in_meeting"
    },
  ]
}
1 Like

Hi @jc5826,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Can you confirm whether the ā€œidā€ field returned in the API response matches the registrant ID for this particular user?

This may be a bug or an issue in our documentation, and this will help to confirm.

Thanks!
Will

The ā€œidā€ value does not appear to be the registrant ID.

Hi @jc5826,

Thank you for confirmingā€”we are looking into this (ZOOM-246791).

Thanks,
Will

Is it possible to get an ETA on a fix for this?

Is ZOOM-246791 a designation for a bug report? Any visibility into the status?

Thanks

Hi @jc5826,

Our team is still looking into this, and we hope to have an update for you soon. The Zoom identifier is internal for our tracking purposes.

Iā€™ll follow up here as soon as I have an update.

Thanks,
Will

can you pleas provide a status update

Hi @jc5826,

Our team has identified a bug thatā€™s causing this issue and is working on a fix that will be included in one of our upcoming releases. (ZOOM-246791)

Please stay tuned to this thread for updates on timing of this release.

Thanks,
Will

Do you have an expected release date for this?

Hi @jc5826,

This is currently slated for our next releaseā€”likely in April. Please stay tuned to our Changelog here:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Will

According to the changelog the API changes were just released but I do not see anything related to a fix for this bug. I quickly tested to confirm and do not see it being fixed in the API response.

Hey @jc5826,

Youā€™re correct that this should have been released. Do you have a recent example you can share where youā€™re still seeing this?

Thanks,
Will

GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/metrics/meetings/87433759812/participants?page_size=300&type=live&include_fields=registrant_id

Hi @jc5826,

Thank you for sharing this exampleā€”weā€™re looking into it (ZOOM-268409). In the meantime, can you confirm whether you get the same result when query for non-live meetings?

Thanks,
Will

It does appear to be included in the past meeting participants. Unfortunately for us itā€™s really the live participants for which we need it for.

Hi @jc5826,

Thanks for confirming.

After checking with our Engineering team, theyā€™ve also confirmed that the registrant_id isnā€™t currently supported for live meetings. This will only be returned once the meeting is ended.

However, we intend to support this in the future, and itā€™s on our teamā€™s roadmap.

Thanks,
Will

after months of waiting for a fix for this Iā€™m quite frustrated and angry. My initial bug report clearly indicated I was attempting to get a list of live participants and the documentation says it should be available.

Hi @jc5826,

Our sincere apologies for the trouble, I can certainly understand your frustration. Weā€™re working on updating our documentation to reflect this limitation, and I do apologizeā€”this was not documented as it should have been, this came as a surprise to me as well.

This investigation has shown that there is a need for supporting registrant_id on live meetings going forward, and itā€™s something Iā€™ve stressed with our Engineering team. Thank you again for pointing this out, and our apologies for the lack of information surrounding this parameter once again.

Will

thanks.

Can you find out for me if the registrant_id is returned as part of the ā€œParticipant Joinedā€ webhook?

Hey @jc5826,

If the meeting required registration, and the user joined using the unique registrant URL while logged into the Zoom Client, the ā€˜idā€™ field returned by the Participant Joined webhook should equal that of their registrant_id.

Thanks,
Will