Incorrect Error Dialog

Description
When attempting to join a meeting that has not started
My error handler logs this to the console
{method: “join”, status: false, result: “Meeting not started.”, errorMessage: undefined, errorCode: 3008}
But Zoom SDK shows an error message of “Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again”

As i was in the midst of upgrading to 1.8.5 in face of the looming lockout for 1.7.8 i thought i broke something, it really should have a more appropriate error message.

Which version?
1.8.5 SDK (used in a Vue page)

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Join event that has not started, no waiting room

Screenshots

Hey @_Tim ,

That is strange, we will look into why the proper error message is not being thrown.

In the meantime, you could handle the error yourself and notify the user that the meeting has not been started.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @_Tim,

It looks like @tommy and I were working on this issue at the same time. I’ve reached out to our internal team to see if this messaging can be updated and will let you know when I hear more information from them. (CS-2774)

In the meantime, it does seem his recommendation to handle the error in your application is the best route forward.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Thank you both, 2 heads are better than 1 :slight_smile:

I thought abotu that, but couldn’t figure out how can to prevent the misleading dialog showing, using the error handler approach from the sdk reference

ZoomMtg.join({
    meetingNumber: 123456789,
    userName: 'User name',
    userEmail: '',
    passWord: '',
    apiKey: 'API_KEY',
    signature: 'SIGNATURE',
    success: function(res){console.log(res)},
    **error: function(res){console.log(res)}**
 });

thanks again for the quick reply and for getting this looked at

1 Like

Hey @_Tim ,

We will keep you updated on the fix! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @_Tim,

Thank you for your patience! Our team has since found tha if you add the following code lines (after the ZoomMtg.preLoadWasm();, ZoomMtg.prepareJssdk(); lines) the true error message will display in the UI popup:

// loads language files, also passes any error messages to the ui
ZoomMtg.i18n.load('en-US');
ZoomMtg.i18n.reload('en-US');

We’ll update our documentation to reflect this. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max