Incorrect value to find out Waiting Room is ON for a meeting

Hi Team,

Currently I am using iOS SDK version 5.5.1 (12509.0401).
When I create a meeting with waiting room is ON, I am getting false value of needWaiting param when I get callback from below function

func onWaitingRoomStatusChange( _ needWaiting: Bool) {}

I am not also not getting state value as InWaitingRoom when I get callback from below function

func onMeetingStateChange( _ state: MobileRTCMeetingState) {}

This issue is random, for some meetings, I am getting correct value and for others I am not getting correct value.

Hey @mohd.imran,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

When you are not seeing this callback, is the current user the host of the meeting?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your quick reply. I am getting the callbacks but i am not getting correct values of needWaiting and state.
Current user was not the host of meeting, he was different one.

Hey @mohd.imran,

Can you verify that when you are getting false for needWaiting that a different user is indeed being put into a waiting room for that meeting on a Zoom client device? I am curious if the waiting rooms are even happening.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

Yes, it was a different user on client device. Let me more explain about it.

So as a host, I created a meeting where I put Waiting Room ON. When as a different user I am trying to join the meeting, I am getting needWaiting value as false.

Hey @mohd.imran,

Interesting. Can you try this same meeting using the MobileRTCSample application and let me know if you are seeing the same issue?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon,

I did debugging with MobileRTCSample application and i was able to reproduce it there also. There are two cases, Sign-In and Guest user. If i am Sign-In then i am not getting correct value of needWaiting but if i am guest user then i am getting its correct value.

I am attaching a video link where you can see when i am guest user, i can see waiting room related message but when i am sign-in user, i directly entered into meeting.
https://vimeo.com/546445820

Hi @mohd.imran,

When you are signed in as the user who is not seeing the waiting room, are you signed into the same account as the user that is hosting the meeting? In that scenario, you should not expect to see the waiting room.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,

No, both are different users.

Hi @mohd.imran,

Thanks for confirming. Can you please send the SDK logs over to developersupport@zoom.us so that we may investigate further?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom,

I send the logs to developersupport@zoom.us, thanks for your quick reply.

Hi @mohd.imran,

The logs sent over do not appear to be the SDK logs. The SDK logs should be an encrypted file with a .log file extension. More information on how to retrieve SDK logs can be found here.

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

I am sending you the SDK log file. Please find out the attachment.

Thanks,
Mohammad Imran

(Attachment MobileRTCSample.app_0.log is missing)

Hi Jon,

Please find the attached file.

Thanks,
Mohammad Imran

(Attachment MobileRTCSample.app_0.log.zip is missing)

Hi Team,

I am trying to attach the .log file but getting an email from your side with this error message Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif).
Please let me know what i have to do next?

Hi Team,

It seems, i need an email address from your side where i can send the log file.

Hey @mohd.imran,

You can attach the logs in an email to DeveloperSupport@zoom.us. Please provide a link to this post in your email.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @mohd.imran,

We have been struggling to reproduce this issue and are not seeing any bugs in the logs. Can you reproduce this issue in the MobileRTCSample app?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

Yes, I am also able to reproduce this issue with the MobileRTCSample app. Did you check the logs which I sent in another email thread?

Thanks,
Mohammad Imran

Hey @mohd.imran,

Yes, thank you for sending those over, we are still investigation. Those logs were from your own app and not the sample app, correct?

Thanks!
Michael