inMeetingServiceListener for onUser{Leave, Join, IsInWaitingRoom} gives only "You are be put in waiting room"

Description

Whenever I’m accessing another meeting, which I’m not the owner, and if it haves a waiting room the inMeetingServiceListener keeps returning "You are be put in waiting room" on any of the listeners related to the users (leave, join, or in waiting room).

Error
inMeetingServiceListener for leave, join or isInWaitingRoom returns "You are be put in waiting room" after being accepted to the meeting.

Which Web Client SDK version?
Knowing the version can help us to identify your issue faster. [e.g. 1.9.0]
Both on 1.9.1 and 1.9.5 using the CDN resources.

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Join a meeting with a waiting room (where you are not the owner of the meeting)
  2. see that anytime another participant gets in or leave the meeting a “You are to be put in waiting room” is returned by the inMeetingServiceListener

Screenshots

This is on the sample web app provided

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: PC
  • Browser: Firefox and Chromium
  • Browser Version: 88.0.1 (64bits) and Version 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) snap (64-bit)
1 Like

The host has put you in the waiting room because maybe you did something wrong or they did it on accident check with them @JomarJr and see if they will let you in again

• ZoeVarner
1 Like

Let me know if you have any questions Have a good Day

1 Like

Sure that would be an answer for another trouble but the funny thing here is that I’m the host (who owns the meeting) and the attendee (who doesn’t) at the same time, so… Yeah, I am on the meeting after all :cowboy_hat_face:.

My trouble is to receive from the API listener the user object rather than the string "You are be put into " after being accepted into the meeting :frowning:

2 Likes

Let me know if you got a hold of one of them

1 Like

No worries @ZoeVarner, they will eventually see this post

2 Likes

Glad to try and help

1 Like

The meeting host has a variety of controls they can use to secure their meeting . For example, Lock the Meeting : when you’re in the meeting , click Participants at the bottom of your Zoom window.When you lock the meeting , no new participants can join, even if they have the meeting ID and password.

If this helps let me know and if it doesn’t then my hands are tied :frowning: :disappointed_relieved:
@JomarJr

2 Likes

Unfortunately that does not help me as well, but I will like your answer for the commitment to help me, thanks for everything :beers:!

1 Like

Aww Your Welcome iv’e done everything i could and it is my plesure have a good day and Stay Safe!!! :relaxed: :mask:

1 Like

Hey @JomarJr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Can you share a code snippet of how/where you’re creating that service listener? I’ll work to reproduce the issue on my end.

Thanks for the assist @ZoeVarner!

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM, nice to hear that you’re looking into this this :smiley:

Well, the code that I’m using is exactly the same as the sample-web-app given at the Zoom documentation for the WebSdk. The file where the service listener is created is located at this file here at sample-app-web/meeting.js at master · zoom/sample-app-web · GitHub. (lines 95, 99, 103, 107)

I remember trying to define those service listeners calls in the success key from the ZoomMtg.join but the same "You are be put in waiting room" answer persists…

Hey @JomarJr,

Thank you for confirming, I didn’t have as much time to look into this today as I would’ve liked. I’ll follow up with you tomorrow with a more significant update.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hey @JomarJr,

My apologies for the delay but I wasn’t able to reproduce this issue. Let’s set up a meeting so we can troubleshoot the issue live.

Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread and I’ll follow up with you there.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

Strange, it seemed to so reproducible for me. Maybe the type of meeting affects it :thinking:.

Moving forward, I sent an e-mail to developersupport@zoom.us specifying my availability for the meeting and other things. Furthermore, I plan to take my time today to record what’s happening on a video and send it here for better in-depth of my issue.

As an update, to keep the solution public, it looks like this was related to using a Basic account with the Web SDK. I’m working with our team to make sure our messaging is consistent.

Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.