Individual chat messages cannot be sent to multiple participants programatically from Windows SDK

Description
SDKERR_TOO_FREQUENT_CALL (API calls too frequent) was received while looping through the participant list to send individual chat message all participants. (2 participants in this case).

Which Windows Meeting SDK version?

Additional context
Sample implementation

foreach (uint userId in userIds)
            {
                ZOOM_SDK_DOTNET_WRAP.CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetMeetingServiceWrap().GetMeetingChatController().SendChatMsgTo("Sample Text", userId, ChatMessageType.SDKChatMessageType_To_Individual);
            }

However it was noticed that it works, when a delay of 100ms is added between iterations. I am using a basic zoom developer account. And would like to know whether there is a rate limit associated in this scenario?

Would also like to know if there’s a rate limit whether the rate limit change by licence level?

1 Like

Hi @randilu.soysa, thanks for using our SDK.

The SDK does impose rate limits for certain APIs, which cannot be changed. Unfortunately we do not have public documentation on these rate limits at this time. The SDK is meant to be used similarly to how the Zoom client functions, so rapidly sending messages in this manner is not an intended use case. While the solution of adding a 100ms delay may work now, we cannot guarantee that this will continue to work correctly in the future, as the back end could impose stricter rate limits around in-meeting chat messages.

I don’t think we would restrict you from publishing an SDK app with this functionality, but please keep in mind that doing so does incur the risk of breaking without warning if this rate limit changes in the future.

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply @jon.zoom!

I would also like to know whether we can expect a documentation of those limits in the future? and will this rate limits vary on the license level?

Thanks!

Hi @randilu.soysa,

I am not aware of any plans to document the SDK’s rate limits. I believe most, if not all, of the SDK’s limits are currently universal, but since this is not publicly documented we cannot make any guarantees that this will remain true.

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply @jon.zoom cheers!

No problem, always happy to help!