Initialize SDK by jwt fail with rate limit error 429

My iOS app and Android app use jwt to avoid creating Zoom sdk.
Every day, after reaching a certain number of initializations, SDK initialization with : error 3 - internal error 429 .
I researched and found that the Zoom API forum mentioned the limit of the Basic account. However, my app doesn’t call the api, just initiates to join a Zoom meeting provided by someone else.

So I want to know if this is true and what the limit is. And if I use SDK_key + SDL_secrect directly to initialize the SDK, will it count towards the limit?

Besides, with a Pro account, I want to know the number of “calls” used during the day, where should I go?

Hey @shpy2001,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Are you authenticating the SDK multiple times in one application instance?

Thanks!
Michael

Yes I have.
In my app, student join class created by Teacher (teacher create Zoom meeting by Zoom app and input meeting info to my app to send to student). So when a class stop, he leave and join another class.

Hey @shpy2001,

You only need to initialize/authenticate the SDK one time in the application’s lifecycle.

Thanks!
Michael

@Michael_Condon ,
Yes, I have check if init is already, just call joinmeeting. But sometime app crash in background (random while using Zoom SDK only, I cant find how! :frowning: ) or someone open app, they need init.

The question is, how many times I cant init by jwt of an Basic account ? And if I init by SDK_key + SDK_secret, dóe it have limit ?

Hey @shpy2001,

The rate limits are defined here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/rate-limits.
Using an SDK Key and Secret for initialization would not change the limit and we do not suggest users do this.

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.