Integrate Desk Phone with User Presence Status

Please consider integrating a provisioned desk phone with presence status. When a user is on a call or hits the DND button the user’s presence status should be updated accordingly, as happens when making phone calls from the client app.

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
When a user is on a call using the desk phone they appear as available. When a user is in DND mode on the desk phone they appear as available.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
Some of the requested integration can be custom built utilizing the webhooks and APIs but there are several limitations. The phone.caller_connected and phone.caller_ended webhooks do trigger when calls are made from the desk phone. So one thought is to subscribe to the necessary phone events and then PUT /users/{userId}/presence_status when triggered. However, this API call does not support the ‘On Phone Call’ status so the best we can do is change the status to Away or Do Not Disturb which isn’t truly accurate but better than showing the user as available. Further, the rate limit on this call of one per minute is way too restrictive to make this solution practical.

Hey @acb,

I’ve reached out to our engineering team in regard to considering this feature request. I’ll keep you posted with any new developments. (ZOOM-233522)

Thanks,
Max

Hey @acb,

Our internal team is requesting more information. I know that this is related to using the desk phone, but are you able to provide the version of the Zoom Client you’re using?

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM ,

We are using version 5.4.9 of the client app.

Thanks,
Andrew

Hey @acb,

Thank you for that information! Are you also able to provide the desk phone model that you’re using?

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM ,

The desk phone is a Yealink model SIP-T54W.

Thanks!
Andrew

Our team is also experiencing this issue. Zoom responded with

I have confirmed that it’s one way. If the call is initiated in the Zoom desktop client or mobile app, it will reflect on the desk phone, but if the call is initiated in the desk phone, it will not reflect on the desktop and mobile app. It’s a limitation of our server.

It is very important that this issue is resolved. Is ZOOM-233522 the bug id associated with this fix?

Client version: 5.8.4
Device Type: PolycomVVX-VVX_250-UA/6.4.1.2361

We are also experiencing this. All of the other phone system platforms we have worked with have been able to show desk phone presence. Not necessarily a local “DND” status, but at least show red/green when on or off the phone.

Has this really never been resolved?