Desk Phone Integration with User Presence Status

Description
We plan to integrate our user presence status into several third-party and custom applications. One limitation we’ve come across is that incoming and outgoing calls via a provisioned desk phone do not update the user’s presence status to ‘On Phone Call’ like it does when calling via the client app. However, there appears to be a way to build this integration utilizing the webhooks and APIs. The phone.caller_connected and phone.caller_ended webhooks do trigger when calls are made from the desk phone. So one thought is to subscribe to the necessary phone events and then PUT /users/{userId}/presence_status when triggered. It appears this API call does not support the ‘On Phone Call’ status so the best we can do is change the status to Away or Do Not Disturb.

Before heading down this road does anyone know if native integration exists and if not are there any better suggestions for accomplishing this? Our desk phones are Yealink Model: SIP-T54W.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth, Webhook

Which Endpoint/s?
/users/{userId}/presence_status

Hey @acb,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Looking at our documentation, you’re correct in that the API cannot set the status to “On Phone Call” status similar to the native Zoom Phone client. Given such, it looks like you’re on the right track in terms of how to implement this. I would use the Do Not Disturb status in this instance.

If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM,

It turns out that the rate limit of one per minute on PUT /users/{userId}/presence_status is way too restrictive for this workaround to work properly. I’ll submit a feature request.

Thank you,
Andrew

Hey @acb,

Thank you for submitting that feature request. I’ve forwarded to our engineering team and will follow-up in that post as I have more informaiton.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.