Integrate Zoom with .net application

Hi

I’m working on integrating Zoom with our .net application. Steps to integrate are:

1. User will log into my application.
  2. user will click on Zoom meeting button from my application
  3. user will be re-directed to login page of Zoom.
  4. user will enter his/her zoom login credentials and when, click sign in, our system will get meeting URL and paste in our application for user’s use as we want users to send/share this link to his/her network via email and then, participants can use that link to join meeting at req. time mentioned by user in email.

Please advice how can i achieve this with Zoom API from my .Net application.

Also, is there a way that we can save some token in our application returned by zoom so that user don’t have enter his/her login credentials every time click on zoom button in my application means on any subsequent click on zoom button, user should directly get meeting link without entering his/her credentials.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Like

Hi @sagi.kaushal,

Happy to help point you in the right direction—a few questions:

• Are you interested in creating Zoom Meetings on behalf of other users, or simply sharing an invite to join (1 designated host will always be holding the meeting)?
  • Do you need to embed the Zoom Meeting Video experience on your site, or will your users open the Meeting in the Zoom Client?
  • Will your users all be under your Zoom account, or will they be from different accounts/not have Zoom accounts?

Let me know!

Thanks,
Will

Thanks for your Reply. Below the answers to your questions:

• Are you interested in creating Zoom Meetings on behalf of other users, or simply sharing an invite to join (1 designated host will always be holding the meeting)?
    Ans: no. i will no creating meeting or will not be host. It’s a user, who login into my system, create meeting and that user will be a host. e.g. think if i have a real estate portal and sales representative will log into my system and generate meeting link using his/her own zoom account and share meeting link with clients over email that’s why i mentioned in my question that user log into my system, click on e.g. zoom button and then redirected to zoom login page to enter his/her own zoom credentials and then, generate meeting link using that user’s account.
  • Do you need to embed the Zoom Meeting Video experience on your site, or will your users open the Meeting in the Zoom Client?
    Ans: No i don’t need to embed zoom video in my site as i already explained that user will come to my site to generate meeting link then, user will use that link in zoom client to host a meeting. Please note that i already have a screen where i pass necessary info. like meeting subject, start,end time etc. which i can pass onto when user click on zoom button from my site.
  • Will your users all be under your Zoom account, or will they be from different accounts/not have Zoom accounts?
    Ans: Users will be using their own zoom accounts to generate meeting links. we are just providing a new functionality to our existing users on our platform to schedule a zoom meeting with their client using user’s own account.

Please let me know if you have any issues/concerns.

Hi @sagi.kaushal,

Thanks for clarifying each of those points!

Given your use case, you will need to use OAuth to authenticate your requests, as your users will be using their own Zoom account. You can create an OAuth App following these steps, and then use the credentials from that app to authorize your API requests, following these steps.

This will allow users who install your app to authorize your program to create meetings under their accounts/users.

To generate the meeting link that each respective user will get when a meeting is created, you will use this API endpoint:

The API response will return a start_url and a join_url which you can use for your integration.

When your users click to start or join using one of these URLs, this will open the Zoom client for them and start/join the meeting.

I hope this is helpful!

Best,
Will

1 Like

Thanks for the response.

i will work on this and update you if encounter any issues.

Thanks!!!

No problem, happy to help! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.