Interpreting meeting type codes

According to the API docs (as far as I can find anyway) there are only 4 types of meeting (codes 1, 2, 3 and 8). But when I use the meeting report API /report/users/{user}/meetings I also get meetings with a type code of 4. Elsewhere on this list somebody else described type 4 as being recurring fixed time. But the docs say that is code 8 - which matches what i know the meetings I am seeing reported as type 8.

Is there a more definitive list somewhere?

I have to produce reports of meeting attendance and need to know which to ignore and which to report.

Hey @zoommeeting,

Happy to help clarify—just to make sure we’re on the same page, is it possible to share the response you’re seeing with type 4 when you call the /report/users/{user}/meetings endpoint?

While this list should be comprehensive, it’s possible there could be a different convention for this endpoint which I’d like to confirm:

Thanks,
Will

Certainly.

Here are the first two entries from a response that shows type as 4.

{
“from”: “2020-11-04”,
“to”: “2020-11-13”,
“page_count”: 1,
“page_size”: 300,
“total_records”: 4,
“next_page_token”: “”,
“meetings”: [
{
“uuid”: “x7vnQORZTA27P2GcVYWiYw==”,
“id”: 6962277376,
“host_id”: “8w26ISpYQL-DnCXwhiWikg”,
“type”: 4,
“topic”: “PT’s Personal Meeting Room”,
“user_name”: “PT”,
“user_email”: “xxx@yyy.com”,
“start_time”: “2020-11-06T15:26:37Z”,
“end_time”: “2020-11-06T17:18:13Z”,
“duration”: 112,
“total_minutes”: 391,
“participants_count”: 6
},
{
“uuid”: “1Gxs+sbuSBukdPkV+je04Q==”,
“id”: 6962277376,
“host_id”: “8w26ISpYQL-DnCXwhiWikg”,
“type”: 4,
“topic”: “PT’s Personal Meeting Room”,
“user_name”: “PT”,
“user_email”: “xxxx@yyy.com”,
“start_time”: “2020-11-07T10:56:14Z”,
“end_time”: “2020-11-07T12:54:43Z”,
“duration”: 121,
“total_minutes”: 400,
“participants_count”: 4
}, …

1 Like

Hi @zoommeeting,

Thank you for sharing this. I believe that type 4 refers to a meeting that utilizes an individual user’s PMI. I will see if we can work on updating our documentation for the GET Meeting Reports response to outline the potential types that could be returned:

Thanks,
Will

I figured from the meeting name that that had to be it, but was concerned that if one code had been omitted from the documentation that there might also be other missing values.

Hopefully this is the only missing one.

Hi @zoommeeting,

Thanks for raising this with us. This should be the only one—we will work on double checking our documentation to make sure!

cc @shrijana.g

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.