Invalid access token OAuth

Description
Hi!
I want to use Oauth2.0, but I am struggling to get it right. I am using the zoom oauth sample app (see link in how to reproduce) to get a hold of the access token and the refresh token. This works fine. However, when I send a GET for the current user (see endpoint below), I am getting “Invalid access token, does not contain scopes: [user:write:admin, user:read:admin, user:read, user:write, zms:user:write, user_profile, zms:user:read].” The full error message is down below. What am I missing?

Error
“code”: 4700,
“message”: “Invalid access token, does not contain scopes: [user:write:admin, user:read:admin, user:read, user:write, zms:user:write, user_profile, zms:user:read].”

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint?
https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/me

How To Reproduce:
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

This issue was solved. Forgot to add required scopes in the app marketplace.

1 Like

Hi, I’m also working on the Zoom OAuth sample app and am receiving an error after authorizing my app to give zoom access. I was wondering if you encountered this error or a similar one while developing:

SyntaxError: Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0
at JSON.parse ()
at Request._callback (/Users/username/Desktop/zoom-oauth-sample-app/index.js:29:25)
at self.callback (/Users/username/Desktop/zoom-oauth-sample-app/node_modules/request/request.js:185:22)
at Request.emit (events.js:315:20)
at Auth.onRequest (/Users/username/Desktop/zoom-oauth-sample-app/node_modules/request/lib/auth.js:132:18)
at Request.auth (/Users/username/Desktop/zoom-oauth-sample-app/node_modules/request/request.js:1341:14)
at /Users/username/Desktop/zoom-oauth-sample-app/index.js:82:12
at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/Users/username/Desktop/zoom-oauth-sample-app/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
at next (/Users/username/Desktop/zoom-oauth-sample-app/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:137:13)
at Route.dispatch (/Users/username/Desktop/zoom-oauth-sample-app/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:112:3)

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Hey @erikttv, happy to hear you figured out the issue! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @fodun.developer,

Please see my reply to you here:

Thanks,
Tommy