"invalid session key" error on client.join()

Description
My app built on the Zoom Video SDK (web) was succesfully running since months, but from yesterday the method client.join() started returning an error 200 “invalid session key”, for every partecipant (host and guests). Nothing has changed in the code, so my guess is that the issue is on the Zoom side.

Browser Console Error
The method join() fails returning:

errorCode: 200
reason: "invalid session key"
type: "JOIN_MEETING_FAILED"

The request to https://zoom.us/wc/lsdk?... fails returning:

zoomsdkjsonpcallback1({
    "status": false,
    "errorCode": 3000,
    "errorMessage": "invalid session key"
})

Which Web Video SDK version?
@zoom1234/videosdk”: “^1.5.5”

Video SDK Code Snippets
client.join(sessionName, zoomToken, displayName, “”, 0)

Troubleshooting Routes
I’ve tried the following with no success (same error):

• upgrade the client library to the latest version
  • remove the session key from the JWT (since it’s optional)

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Lenovo Thinkpad P15v
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version: Version 115.0.5790.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hey @simonebacchini91

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you share the value of x-zm-trackingid field in the wc/lsdk response headers when the issue occurs again? It’s very helpful for us to investigate the root cause.

Thanks
Vic

Hi Vic,

thanks for the support.
The value of the header is: v=2.0;clid=us06;rid=WEB_df7deb21ec74bb277e81b3e021c6218e.

Simone

Hey @simonebacchini91

Got it.

We are investigating the issue. We will keep you informed if there’s any update.

Thanks
Vic

Hey @simonebacchini91

We found the host started the session with session_key field in the JWT payload set, the value is ‘56d0****70db6’ (Masked the middle part). Could you check it again on the host call?

Thanks
Vic

Hi Vic,

the session_key value for the session I tried to start this morning (that I used to report you the x-zm-trackingid value) is “b8c2***76054”.

The session key you are talking about is the one from the last session performed succesfully on July 26th. After that we were no longer able to start any call (the .join() method fails).

Simone

Hey @simonebacchini91

Could you check whether the same topic uses the same session_key if the field is set? If not, the server will return invalid session key error.

Thanks
Vic

Hi Vic,

the method join wants a token as an argument: I’ve parsed that token (that is a JWT) for each partecipant and I confirm that the session_key is the same. The topic we are using can be the same string for different sessions too, the unique identifier is the session_key.
The thing is that also the host can’t start the meeting, even if it is the only participant.

Thanks for the support, it is really helpful as the service is running in production, and this issue is blocking.
Simone

Hey @simonebacchini91

There may be some misunderstandings about the session_key. session_key can not be the unique identifier for the same topic. That means if a host already started a session with topic “example1” and session_key “keyA”, there’s no longer to start a new session with the same topic “example1” and session_key “KeyB” or other value until the last session ended.

Thanks
Vic

Ok now it’s clear. We are using the same string as a topic for an entire class of (different) sessions, I guess we’ve reached some kind of limit? Now I create a unique topic for each session, and everything is working.
Thanks a lot for helping!

Best regards,
Simone

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.