iOS : How to integrate polls to the application

Description
I have a host running in desktop client, the attendees are joining using mobile app, when the host starts a poll, the attendees using mobile app cannot see the poll, is there any listener or delegate I need to implement so that I can get the poll data and submit my answers.

Which version?
v5.2.42037.1112

I have an android version which does not use custom UI, the poll seems to be working fine. Only iOS with custom UI has this issue. Attaching the screenshot of android app for your reference.

Hey @vignesh,

Thanks for using the dev forum! It is nice to see you again :slight_smile:

I apologize for the delay. Polling is actually not supported by the custom UI on the mobile platforms at this time. You would have to use the default UI for this feature on iOS.

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon ,
I have coded the entire project using custom UI, is it possible to have only one feature (polls) in default UI? Or is there any override method that gives me the questions in raw string format so that I can use the data and create the UI on my own?

Hey @vignesh,

Unfortunately not. You would have to use the whole default meeting UI, to enable this feature.

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon,
In custom UI is there any way to get the questions in string format so that I can build my own UI and post the answers.

Hey @vignesh,

No there is not a way to do this currently. I will submit a feature request for this.

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon ,
Ok thank you.

You are welcome :slight_smile:

Hello @Michael_Condon ,
Can I add my custom icons to the default UI, I have already raised a ticket regarding this .iOS : How to add custom views to default UI

Hey @vignesh,

The SDK does not support adding additional buttons to the bar or adding views on top of the default UI directly. However, you can access the meeting view itself through the meetingView param of the MobileRTCMeetingService. Through this you should be able to perform standard UIView actions.

Thanks!
Michael