iOS : Participant video view takes time to update. Some times goes black completely

Hello Team,
Am building my app using custom view for iOS. I have build the gallery view using collection view and everything seems to be working fine. If the participant leaves the meeting I try to update the collection view with new data, sometimes the MobileRTCVideoView in my collection view takes time to update or goes black completely. I have default UI in my android app, view is updating properly in that.

I use the following piece of code to update the MobileRTCVideoView.

memberVideoView.showAttendeeVideo(withUserID: userID)

Thanks,
R.Vignesh.

Hey @vignesh,

Thanks for using the dev forum! It is nice to see you again :slight_smile:

When you say that it takes time to update, do you mean it takes time to show that the user has left?
showAttendeeVideo(withUserID: userID) is called to start showing a user’s view. To stop showing the user’s view you should call stopAttendeeVideo.

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon ,
I want to show the user’s video after he rejoined, I use showAttendeeVideo(withUserID: userID) but the video is not visible.

Hey @vignesh,

I see. I believe you need to stop showing the user’s video before calling showAttendeeVideo again. Can you try that?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon ,
Let me try that, thank you.

Hey @vignesh,

You’re welcome! Let me know what happens.

Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.