User Preview is showing black screen if disabled waiting room on Back end

Description
Hi Guys, when I join the meeting, initially user preview is working but after the active video is coming, the preview screen is turning black and it does not show the preview video. But if the waiting room is enabled in the security option and the host owner admit the zoom request, it works fine. otherwise, it does not work. Actually, we make a meeting on the server-side.we could not admit the request on the server side. It is preventing our app progress. Please sort it out this issue.

Note: I am using Custom Meeting UI.

This is how I am setting the active video view and preview video view in onInitMeetingView:

// Video View

MobileRTCVideoView  *videoTotalView = [[MobileRTCVideoView alloc] initWithFrame: CGRectMake(0, 0, self.view.frame.size.width, self.videoView.frame.size.height)];

//Active Video

MobileRTCActiveVideoView *videoView = [[MobileRTCActiveVideoView alloc] initWithFrame: CGRectMake(0, 0, self.view.frame.size.width, self.view.frame.size.height)];

[self.videoView setVideoAspect:MobileRTCVideoAspect_PanAndScan];

[self.videoTotalView addSubview:self.videoView];

//Preview Video

MobileRTCPreviewVideoView  *previewVideo = [[MobileRTCPreviewVideoView alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectMake(250,250, 100, 100)];
    [self.previewVideo setVideoAspect:MobileRTCVideoAspect_PanAndScan];

[self.videoTotalView addSubview:self.previewVideo];
    [self.view addSubview:self.videoTotalView];

Which version?
5.0.1 (24433.0616)

Screenshots

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: iPhone 6s Plus

Hey @itramkumar.78

Thanks for using the dev forum!

The reason this is happening is because MobileRTCPreviewVideoView is for rendering the videoView that is previewed during the waiting room, similar to how the Zoom Client App works. It is only intended to be used when waiting to join to preview what your stream will look like before entering the meeting.

If you would like to show your own stream on the screen while in a meeting you need to use a MobileRTCVideoView instead and subscribe to your own userID using

• ( BOOL )showAttendeeVideoWithUserID:(NSUInteger)userID;

Thanks!
Michael

Thanks Michael!. I solved this issue. Again Thanks for your support and response!.

1 Like

Awesome! Im glad you got it working :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Thanks!
Michael