MobileRTCVideoView and MobileRTCActiveShareView not updateing the video when the host or active user open the cam

Description
so on ios I already setup with enableCustomMeeting = true for custom meeting UI.
When I join to room with the active user is mute their video (so they close the video on meeting room). and I display their video using MobileRTCVideoView, because they didn’t show their screen the screen that I got is their avatar image. But the problem is happened when they open/unmute their cam/video, the video screen didnt update to their video screen still display their image avatar. this happened to on MobileRTCVideoView

code MobileRTCVideoView:

private func remoteUserVideoView(userID: UInt, videoAspect: MobileRTCVideoAspect, frame: CGRect) -> MobileRTCVideoView? {
        let remoteUserVideoView = MobileRTCVideoView(frame: frame)
        remoteUserVideoView.setVideoAspect(videoAspect)
        let showAttandeeVideoSuccessfull = remoteUserVideoView.showAttendeeVideo(withUserID: userID)

if showAttandeeVideoSuccessfull {
            print("Started showing remote user \(userID) video")
        } else {
            print("Failed to show remote user \(userID) video")
        }

return remoteUserVideoView
    }

func updateViews() {

if let firstRemoteUser = MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()?.activeUserID(), let remoteUserVideoView = remoteUserVideoView(userID: firstRemoteUser, videoAspect: MobileRTCVideoAspect_PanAndScan, frame: self.presenterView.bounds) {

listID.append(firstRemoteUser)
            viewVideoPresenter = remoteUserVideoView
            DispatchQueue.main.async { [weak self] in
                guard let superSelf = self, let presenterScreen = superSelf.viewVideoPresenter else {
                    return
                }
                superSelf.presenterView.addSubview(presenterScreen)
                presenterScreen.translatesAutoresizingMaskIntoConstraints = false
                presenterScreen.centerYAnchor.constraint(equalTo: superSelf.presenterView.centerYAnchor).isActive = true
                presenterScreen.centerXAnchor.constraint(equalTo: superSelf.presenterView.centerXAnchor).isActive = true
                presenterScreen.heightAnchor.constraint(equalTo: superSelf.presenterView.heightAnchor).isActive = true
                presenterScreen.widthAnchor.constraint(equalTo: superSelf.presenterView.widthAnchor).isActive = true
                superSelf.initComplete = true
                superSelf.currentMainCameraDisplay = .activeUser
            }
        }
    }

video sample issue: VID20211125183458.mp4 - Google Drive
VID20211125184559.mp4 - Google Drive

Which iOS Meeting SDK version?
zoom-sdk-ios-5.7.6.1080
To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. joint other meet with host or user is muted/close video/cam
  2. after entring the room host try to unmute/open the video/cam

Hey @janTatang,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

To display share content, try using MobileRTCActiveShareView instead of VideoView.

Thanks!
Michael

sorry, for ask a question.
So I want to display selected user screen using MobileRTCVideoView and set selected user by using showAttendeeVideo(withUserID:), but I got a problem right now is when the selected user is joint the meeting with muted/close video/cam and then the selected user is open/unmute the video/cam on meeting room. The view MobileRTCVideoView didn’t update the video to display selected user.

actually I already try using MobileRTCActiveVideoView. If I am not mistaken, it can update the video when the selected user is joint the meeting with muted/close video/cam and then the selected user is open/unmute the video/cam on meeting room. But if I use MobileRTCActiveVideoView, the video always changing to other not selected user is speaking. Is there any solution/advice for this.

The app is for attendees only, only display for selected userID

Thank you

Hey @janTatang,

When/where are you calling your custom UpdateViews function?

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.