iPhone 14 + iOS 16.4.1 self video not rendering

Video SDK Type and Version
Web Video SDK 1.7.0

Description
on iPhone 14 + iOS 16.4.1 self video not rendering, we have changed nothing in our code, working fine in iOS 16.3 and below devices and self video is visible on opponent side only self video not showing, rendering on canvas

Error?
received these errors in Rollbar from iOS 16.4 devices:
TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating ‘e.getExtension’)
at

AdapterWhiteListCheckForEncoder(https://domain-name.com/lib/zoom-video-sdk/js_media.min.js:1:41526)

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior including:
1. Web Video SDK 1.7.0 on iOS 16.4
2. TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating ‘e.getExtension’)
3. Safari/ Safari Webview 16.4

Hi, @arfa.ahmed,

Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum. To begin, can you share a screenshot of what you see on iPhone 14 + iOS 16.4.1? This helps us diagnose what may be happening.

Hey @arfa.ahmed

It was a known issue prior to SDK 1.7.0, we have fixed it in 1.7.0.

Did you update the dependent resources? I saw you were using self-served resources in the issue description.

One way to check the following statement on the console:

JsMediaSDK_Instance.version === '15.0.2712'

Thanks
Vic

I have identified the root cause of the issue and fixed it. Safari 16.4 recently added support of OffscreenCanvas and we are using if (window.OffscreenCanvas === ‘function’) then render self video in video element otherwise in canvas. Now, we are using stream.isRenderSelfViewWithVideoElement() for this.

@arfa.ahmed ,

Glad you were able to resolve that behavior by leveraging stream.isRenderSelfViewWithVideoElement(). I am linking the support documentation on this topic for reference. I should note that there is an example implementation that works in all browsers and includes catch statements to help with debugging

https://developers.zoom.us/docs/video-sdk/web/video/#render-self-view

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.