Is it necessary to have approval for sharing the app outside of the account before functional review by the Zoom Marketplace Team?

We created an app that intends to be published on the Marketplace, and submitted it for functional review for a few times but was rejected as the reviewer couldn’t perform as meant. however, it is working on my account.

Is it because the app hasn’t been approved for sharing outside of my account?

Hi @customers
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!

Is it because the app hasn’t been approved for sharing outside of my account?

No, because in order for you to be able to share your app outside of your account, you will need to submit a request for a Publishable URL
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/publishing/sharing-private-and-beta-apps/

Hope this helps,
Elisa

Hi @elisa.zoom Elisa

Thank you for your reply.

Just let me clarify this. so for the functional review, we don’t need to have approval for sharing the app outside of the account. it this understanding right?

Thanks

Hi @customers
You do not have to request a Publishable URL if you do not want to share your app with users outside of your account.

For the functional review, you need to provide a test account so our Marketplace team can test your app

Hope this helps,
Elisa

Hi @elisa.zoom

Thank you so much for clarifying and sharing the information!

As I mentioned earlier it works with the owner account, however, it doesn’t work with the reviewer account. we checked our test plan was correct and the reviewer followed the test plan step by step, but still not working. could you give us any advice?

What are the differences between with owner account and with the reviewer account?

Is there any way to reproduce the issue on our side?

Thank you for your kind support.

@customers
Interesting, have you had a chance to talk to your reviewer about it?
You could record a video on how your integration works and how to set it up and share it with the reviewer to see if that helps them to install your app

@elisa.zoom
Yes, we have reached out to the reviewer and talked. even had a video call.
Since it is working with the owner account. Is there any way to reproduce the issue that occurs outside of the owner account? So that we can debug the issue.

Thank you!

Hi @customers
And you could not troubleshoot this with the app reviewer???
Let me reach out to the Marketplace team to communicate about this and will come back to you with an update
cheer,
Elisa

Thank you @elisa.zoom, we are looking forward to your update!

Hi @customers
Can you please share the name of your app with me?
Cheers,
Elisa

@elisa.zoom

Please check the details below
App name: Online Lesson

Thank you!

Hi @customers
I. have reached out to the Marketplace team and they confirmed that they have communicated with you already

Hello @elisa.zoom , in our case of app called “Widya Notulensi” (in which currently on review). Our app works only if we add "the ability to join meetings hosted outside your own account. " for our bot to be able to join + recording the meeting. But due to the current policy, our app cannot join meeting outside of rooms created by us. We cannot test it except using our own very account. This probably will make reviewer’s zoom meeting room doesn’t work with our app.

Hello, @dani2 the Marketplace Operation team that reviews App submissions do not have restrictions like that they have special whitelisted Zoom accounts that can install any app on the marketplace for testing purposes.

Regards, Kwaku