Is it possible to perform a cloud recording without notifying apps via Recording Completed webhook?

Description
We have some customers who want to be able to record their meetings to the Zoom cloud without having our app notified of the recording. Our app is subscribed to the Recording Completed event, which notifies it when all Zoom cloud recordings complete processing.

Is there a way to allow the user to determine whether our app gets notified of a cloud recording?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
I’m using an OAuth app.

Hey @j.herman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Great question! Currently, our OAuth flow doesn’t allow for a user to opt-out of a Webhook. If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

In the meantime, there are a couple of workarounds.

1. The user can use a separate Zoom user when they want to record the meeting privately

2. You can create another app that specifically does not request recording permissions

3. The user can uninstall the app prior to starting a recording and reinstall the app when they are done

I understand none of those workarounds are ideal but I hope they offer a path forward. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.