Issue joining meetings and webinars with "Recording Disclaimer" enabled

Description
We are having issues joining meetings and webinars that were created from a zoom account that has the “Recording Disclaimer” setting enabled. We notice that with this enabled, the zoom desktop app will prompt the “Privacy Notice” alert and suspect that is causing issues with the mobile sdk (for both iOS and Android, but not the webSDK). We were wondering if this is a known issue? And if so, are there any current workarounds for this? Also, is there a timeline for it to be resolved? Below I have outline the iOS sdk’s behavior when trying to join these meetings and webinars.

When trying to join the meeting, the MobileRTCMeetError object returned by [MobileRTCMeetingService joinMeetingWithJoinParam:] was set with MobileRTCMeetError_Success so seems like [MobileRTCMeetingService joinMeetingWithJoinParam:] was called successfully. The onMeetingStateChange: callback would be called with MobileRTCMeetingState_Connecting immediately followed by MobileRTCMeetingState_Disconnecting. And onMeetingEndedReason: would be called with MobileRTCMeetingEndReason_SelfLeave afterwards. When trying to join a webinar, onSinkJoinWebinarNeedUserNameAndEmailWithCompletion would never be called.

Which Client Mobile SDK version?

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• iPhone 6s
  • iOS 14.4

Hey @andy.ly,

Thanks for using the dev forum! It is nice to see you again :slight_smile:

To confirm, without the “Recoding Disclaimer” setting checked you do not see this issue? You are using the default meeting UI, correct?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon,

That is correct, without the “Recoding Disclaimer” setting checked we do not see this issue. And to confirm, we are using the default meeting UI. Any ideas on why this might be happening?

Hey @andy.ly,

Ive done some testing with this in my test app, and have not been able to re-create the issue. Here is what I observed:

1. Start a meeting on another device from the account that has this setting enabled.
  2. Begin recording to the cloud on that device.
  3. Join this meeting using the iOS SDK.
  4. Once the iOS SDK user is admitted from the waiting room, observe an alert displays informing the user that the meeting is being recorded. Click the join option on this alert.
  5. User is now in meeting.

Is it possible that the user in your case does not have recording enabled? If I have the reproduction steps out of order or incorrect, please let me know.

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.