MobileRTCMeetError_Unknown received when user is already in the call

I am using the latest iOS SDK and using the SDK with the custom UI.

I am currently testing the scenario where I join meeting with a user who already joined the call with an other device.
I receive - (void)onMeetingError:(MobileRTCMeetError)error message:(NSString*)message event with MobileRTCMeetError_Unknown as an error. I would expect at least to receive the error MobileRTCMeetError_InAnotherMeeting.
Also in the past (and currently on the official zoom app) this event is triggered - (void)onSinkJoinWebinarNeedUserNameAndEmailWithCompletion:(BOOL (^_Nonnull)(NSString * _Nonnull username, NSString * _Nonnull email, BOOL cancel))completion
This is not the case anymore with the latest SDK

Could you advice how to move forward?

Best
Nicolas

Hey @nicolas.bonnet,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

I agree; the meetingError would make more sense as MobileRTCMeetError_InAnotherMeeting when a user is attempting to join on multiple devices. Let me try to reproduce and investigate.

For the onSinkJoinWebinarNeedUserNameAndEmailWithCompletion issue, can you provide the code you are using to join the webinar and the webinar settings?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon

Regarding onSinkJoinWebinarNeedUserNameAndEmailWithCompletion, this is regarding your user-flow when a token is not accepted (since it’s already used) you asked the user to register for the webinar. On your desktop app you are asking for first and last name and email which I guess correspond to onSinkJoinWebinarNeedUserNameAndEmailWithCompletion in your SDK.

After doing more test on my side I realised that for webinar onSinkJoinWebinarNeedUserNameAndEmailWithCompletion is correctly called but is not for private meeting.
Also there are no error MobileRTCMeetError_InAnotherMeeting triggered when it’s a webinar.

It is hard to have 2 different behaviour depending if it’s a webinar or private meeting. You can get easily lost.

If you want to reproduce it, please join a meeting using the same token on 2 different devices and will get the MobileRTCMeetError_Unknown error

Best regards
Nicolas

Hey @nicolas.bonnet,

In regards to the onMeetingError issue, are you using tokens to join the meeting? Or are the users signing into Zoom, joining from one device, and then signing in and joining from another device?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon,
All our users (beside the host) join the meeting with the token and the issue was reproduced using only the tokens.

Nicolas

Hey @nicolas.bonnet,

I see. I will inform the team of this issue, and keep you posted.

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon,
Is there anything new in this subject?

Thank you
Nicolas

Hey @nicolas.bonnet,

Thanks for following up. No there are no updates yet, I will ping the team again.

Thanks!
Michael