Issue when adding meeting registrants

i’m getting this error when adding registrants

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>300Validation Failed.first_nameMissing field.

how to solve this. when i’m checking the document there is only 2 required datas but i’m getting this error.
i’ve passed first_name, last_name, email, auto_approve
please help

Where you able to find a resolution to this issue @schornjoh ? I’m running into the same thing and ended up opening a case.

Here’s my URL and JSON payload:

https://api.zoom.us/v2/webinars/[redacted]/registrants/

The email was supplied in a normal user + @ + domain format just like this: “email”: “jchill@example.com” - this editor keeps inserting a mailto: in parentheses for some reason in the code block.

{
   "registrants": [
         {
            "email": "jchill@example.com",
            "first_name": "Jill",
            "last_name": "Chill"
         }
    ]
}

Here’s the result

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<result>
    <code>300</code>
    <message>Validation Failed.</message>
    <errors>
        <field>first_name</field>
        <message>Missing field.</message>
    </errors>
    <errors>
        <field>email</field>
        <message>Missing field.</message>
    </errors>
</result>

I’ve been using the webinar and panelist URLs very successfully. Kindly let me know if you identified a root cause or fix here. Thank you!

I found the resolution to my issue. I was passing an array in the JSON when it actually should be an object like this:

{
“first_name”: “{{first_name}}”
, “last_name”: “{{last_name}}”
, “email”: “{{email}}”
, “country”: “{{country}}”
, “org”: “{{company}}”
, “custom_questions”: [
{
“title”: “What (practice) region do you support?”
, “value”: “{{practice}}”
}
, {
“title”: “Are you certified?”
, “value”: “No”
}
, {
“title”: “Do you agree to be automatically enrolled into the future sessions of this series?”
, “value”: “No”
}
]
,“job_title”: “N/a”
}

The API doesn’t seem to validate anything beyond it being just valid JSON syntax. I would have expected something more like “Expected object not array.” It’s a little odd that panelists seems to be allowing an array but registrants doesn’t, but I’ll make it work regardless. :slightly_smiling_face: