Crash in file ZmContextSessionUtils.java

Hi Zoom Team,

I am new to android and working on zoom android SDK. Our many users are affected with one crash which is recorded in firebase in ZmContextSessionUtils.java file which I am not able to understand and fix.

Fatal Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to destroy activity {com.app.android/com.zipow.videobox.ConfActivityNormal}: java.lang.NullPointerException: removeConfUICommands confUIEventsNode is null
       at android.app.ActivityThread.performDestroyActivity(ActivityThread.java:5186)
       at android.app.ActivityThread.handleDestroyActivity(ActivityThread.java:5224)
       at android.app.servertransaction.DestroyActivityItem.execute(DestroyActivityItem.java:44)
       at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeLifecycleState(TransactionExecutor.java:181)
       at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(TransactionExecutor.java:98)
       at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2126)
       at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:107)
       at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:264)
       at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7684)
       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java)
       at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:507)
       at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:980)

Android SDK Version: v5.5.1.1317

Please help me to overcome the issue and fix.

Regards
Megha

Hi @mg0086447, thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear your users are experiencing this crash. Have you identified any steps to reproduce this, or seen it on any specific devices?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom, thanks for the reply

We are getting only this information in firebase, not more than that. This is happening in many devices. Can you help please in finding why this is saying null for “confUIEventsNode” and where can I find " ZmContextSessionUtils.java" file in my code?

Regards
Megha

Hi @mg0086447,

Thanks for confirming. At first glance, the stack trace appears to be coming from something internal to the SDK, so it isn’t something you would be able to fix within your app if that’s the case.

I will see if this is something we will be able to identify a fix for with just the stack trace and let you know if any additional information is needed.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom, thanks for reply

Will it work If I update to latest zoom SDK for android, Can you please help in finding how to update the zoom android SDK in android studio means steps for updating zoom android SDK or any link which help in updating?

Regards
Megha

Hi @mg0086447,

I do not believe that updating to the latest version will resolve this, since there were no crash fixes in the last release. Generally speaking though, you can download the latest version of the SDK by signing in through the marketplace. After downloading the latest version, updating the version is just a matter of replacing the mobilertc.aar and commonlib.aar files in your project with the newer versions and performing a gradle sync.

We may be able to figure out a fix based on the stack trace alone, so I will keep you updated on that front.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom,

As you mention updating to latest sdk will not resolve this. So, is there any solution to make it fix because our many users are facing this crash, There was no such crash before updating sdk, this crash is start coming when I update sdk to version v5.5.1.1317.
Please let me know if this crash is due to not updating sdk in proper manner. As you mentioned to update ‘mobilertc.aar’ and ‘commonlib.aar’ files in project with the newer versions and performing a gradle sync, do I need to changes anything else in project.

Thanks!

Hi @mg0086447,

We should be able to resolve this with the next SDK release. I expect the new version to be made available within the next couple of weeks.

As you mentioned to update ‘mobilertc.aar’ and ‘commonlib.aar’ files in project with the newer versions and performing a gradle sync, do I need to changes anything else in project.

This will depend on whether or not any breaking changes are introduced. Our release notes should make you aware of any breaking changes when the new version is available.

Thanks!

hi @jon.zoom,

Thanks for the information, I will update SDK to the latest version and see If this got fixed by updating to latest SDK.

It will be great help if any changes would fix this crash

Thanks
Megha

Hi @mg0086447,

To reiterate, the fix will be included in the next SDK version that we release, which is not one of the versions available today. Please keep an eye on the release notes in my previous reply, as that will be the best place to track when the release is made available. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,

Thank you for the information, I will keep an eye on release notes.
Thanks for the help!

Megha

You are very welcome!

Please don’t hesitate to reach back out with a new post with any additional questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @jon.zoom,

Thank you so much for reply. I will definetly contact if any query occur.

Megha

Always happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.