Joining webinar timeout. Fail to join the meeting

Description
If I try to join from web SDK with host email it gives an error with popup header Joining webinar timeout. and text in body Fail to join the meeting. The message is not clear and the error callback is not triggered in this case. I was looking for a way to get the exact message which I can show in Alert and host can try again with a new email. The current message does not give any information regarding the cause of failure. Can you please let me know why the error callback is not triggered or if there is any way to get the exact message which I can show in UI

Error
Joining webinar timeout. Fail to join the meeting.

Which version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Start webinar from zoom desktop app
  2. Join from the web SDK with same email

Screenshots

Additional Info

Below is the reference of code which I am using while joining meeting and none of callbacks are called (success or error) in above scenario

ZoomMtg.join({
meetingNumber: meetConfig.meetingNumber,
userName: meetConfig.userName,
signature,
apiKey: meetConfig.apiKey,
userEmail: meetConfig.email,
passWord: meetConfig.passWord,
success() {
console.log(‘Success’);
},
error(e) {
console.log(‘Error while join meeting’, e);
},
});

Hey @acceluser8866,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Web SDK. Can you please share your Web SDK signature for a test webinar to developersupport@zoom.us that is having the same issue?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Thanks for your reply, I have tested this multiple times and I feel signature is not an issue. I have already written the steps to replicate this issue and I had replicated this multiple times with multiple accounts. If you try to join as same user email as the host of the webinar from WebSDK it gives the above error and you can replicate it yourself by following same steps. If you are still not able to replicate and feel if something is wrong with the signature let me know the emaiIId where I should share signature.

Thanks

Hey @acceluser8866,

Thanks for the additional info. Our Web SDK engineers are looking into the issue. I will get back to you once we find the root cause. (CS-2482)

If you can also send the signature to developersupport@zoom.us that will help us debug the issue. In the email, please include a link to this thread.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.