Keeping a list of meetings and showing which meetings will auto-record?

Description
Our integration ( https://rewatch.tv ) will show a list of upcoming zoom meetings. We’d like to be able to show which will be automatically recorded and allow users to toggle the setting from our app.

We try to be responsible users of the zoom api, and we will mostly rely on webhooks to keep the list up to date. Unfortunately it seems like there’s no way to see if a meeting is set to auto-record from the meeting.created webhook? Or is there? There’s also no bulk API to retrieve it for a list of meetings? I’m nervous if we just do the “Get Meeting” api for each meeting occurrence, we’ll run up against limits.

Weirdly, I notice meeting.updated DOES show if the auto_recording setting changes, but alas, it seems meeting.created does not.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth/Webhook

Which Endpoint/s?
GET /meetings/{meetingId}

GET /users/{userId}/meetings

meeting.created Webhook

Hi @scottjg,

Thanks for reaching out about this and good question. At the moment, you’re correct that this field is not included in the Meeting.created webhook—you will need to query the GET Meeting endpoint to retrieve this specific setting.

However, you raise a great point, and it does seem like it would be valuable to have this exposed. I’ve put in a feature request with our team to see if this is something we might be able to help with. (ZOOM-261143)

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.