Asking an advice : Avoid creating concurrent meeting schedule

Description
My team is building a JWT App, and given the situation that concurrent meetings are not available from the basic plan, we are trying not to create meetings that does not have same schedule(i.e. Schedule A on 2020-11-18 15:00-16:00, Schedule B on 2020-11-18 15:00-16:00).

We can check Zoom meeting schedules easily if all Meetings are scheduled via our JWT App, by checking our DB. The problem is, there is a possibility that the Zoom account user can schedule the Zoom meetings not from our JWT App.

I would like to know is there a way Zoom notifies to the server if schedules overlap when calling a “Create a Meeting” API.

Though I am aware that there is “List Meetings” API, I am concerned whether calling this API to the server is a good idea in preventing concurrent meeting schedules. (i.e. create a meeting -> get meeting list from Zoom -> check the time is available -> if the time is already occupied, the app will show a pop-up alarm to the user that the selected time is not available. If not, the meeting schedule will be created)

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Hi @songflow,

Have you considered using our webhooks to track when meetings are created? You could leverage our Meeting Created webhook:

This returns the date/time of the scheduled meeting and the host of the meeting that was created. You could store this information locally to determine when meetings are scheduled in real time.

Let me know if this helps,
Will

Hi Will,

Yes, my team is considering using Zoom webhooks as well.

We will explore webhooks further as you suggest.

Thanks for your advice Will! :slight_smile:

YoonJae

No problem, glad I could help @songflow :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.