Language Interpretation Mute Audio Track

Users can click on the language interpretation button to change the audio track. When they select a different language, they have the option to overlay the original audio so you can hear both audio tracks at the same time. There is also an option to mute the original audio and only listen to the second audio track.

The problem is that even if you mute the original audio on the front end / UI, the original audio still plays. Users hear both languages at the same time. This issue appears often from attendees point of view.

Video of the Issue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TK9S-_lDgVH8Gq1JxZu_ob0pIU_lI6xD/view

Zoom SDK 1.9.7 Chrome Latest

Hey @developer-whova,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and for reporting this. I’ve requested access to the video and will reach out to our engineering team once I’ve confirmed the issue.

Thanks,
Max

thanks we just grant access

Hey @developer-whova,

Thank you for sharing that. What version of the Web SDK are you using?

Just to confirm, before involving our engineering team, are you seeing the same issue when using the Sample Web App?

Thanks,
Max

the latest one 1.9.7

it’s tricky for us to reproduce as we don’t have an account set up with the language tracks.

Hey @developer-whova,

I’ve created a ticket with our engineering team and will let you know what I hear back from them. (ZOOM-299844)

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.