Language Interpretation not Working on SDK Browser

Error
When using the SDK browser version 1.9.7 embedded on another site, I try using the language interpretation tool and it doesn’t work correctly. Original audio and interpretation are listened at the same time and the web client doesn’t allow to mute the original.

Which Web Client SDK version?

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: PC and mobile devices
  • Browser: Chrome, Safari, Firefox

Hey @Alejandra,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I think it might be best to see this in action. Are you able to send a video of the issue?

You can also email developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread and send the video there or set up a meeting.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max, thanks for your answer. I will have someone from my team replicate the issue and send a video to you. I’ll keep you posted.

Regards.

Thank you, @Alejandra!

Max

Hi @MaxM sorry for the late reply. In the following video you’ll be able to see how when I select Chinese as the language for interpretation, the output is both Original and Chinese. Whereas when I select original, I only get the original audio which is how it should work. I would really appreciate it if we could get a solution on this asap as we have been receiving lots of complaints from client whose events are being perceived poorly due to this.

Vidyard Recording?

Please let me know if you need further information.

Hey Alejandra,

Thank you for following up. I’ve reached out to our engineering team for their insight. I’ll get back to you ASAP.

(ZOOM-299844)

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM

Hope you are well. Could you please update me on this matter? I need to give an answer to my client by Monday next week, this is seriously affecting our goodwill.

Looking forward to your comments.

Regards.

Hey @Alejandra,

Sorry for the delay here! Our engineering team indicated that this seems to be a bug and were able to pull in the right resources to start the investigation. I don’t have information on the exact cause or a timeline on the fix just yet.

I’ll be sure to keep you posted.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM , hope you are well. could you please give me an update on this?

Thanks.

Hey @Alejandra,

Thank you for your patience! I haven’t heard anything new from our team so I followed up with them to get a status update.

I’ll update you with new information ASAP.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM thanks for all your help. Sorry for being so insistent, but it’s been over a month and I still haven’t even received a diagnostic on what the problem is. I really need to give an answer to my clients and would really appreciate an answer by Monday next week.

Thanks.

Hey @Alejandra,

No need to apologize! I’m sorry that we haven’t offered any information on this. As some background, I’ve been working to get in contact with our engineering team but I haven’t heard back. One member indicated this seems to be a bug and involved more members but the issue lost traction from there.

I’ve been leaving messages for a status update and will bring this up during a team meeting.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM

Thanks for all your help, I understand what you tell me. Nevertheless, this is really getting out of hands and my clients are feeling quite impatient. We have 3 major events on October and this absolutely needs to be fixed by then, it’s been almost 2 months since I came to you guys about this. My clients are demanding compensation if this is not solved, and I don’t want this to escalate to a legal point. Please speak with someone in upper management and update me on how you’ll be fixing this ASAP.

Regards.

Hey Alejandra,

I can absolutely understand how this is impacting you and your customers and for that, I apologize. While our engineering team wasn’t able to reproduce this issue on their end, they did notice in your video that the Mute Original Audio option wasn’t selected.

Are you able to select that option in the Web SDK to fix this or does the issue persist?

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hi @MaxM thanks for your observation. I’ll take a look and let you know.

Hi @MaxM we just did the test with our client and even when clicking on mute original audio, both interpretations are played. Please see their email and I really need an answer on this matter ASAP or we will need to arrange a compensation method as the client is requesting a full refund:

Hey @Alejandra ,

Hearing both audio tracks is expected functionality:

"Attendees can then select the audio channel to hear the translated audio in their language of choice, as well as the option to mute the original audio instead of hearing it in a lower volume with their chosen language. "

That being said, the “Mute Original Audio” not working is being investigated, however, we were unable to reproduce the “Mute Original Audio” button issue, it works as expected.

Can you please check to see if there is an error in the browser console after you click the “Mute Original Audio” button?

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.