Licensing/Sharing a non-commercial private app bundled with SDK?

Description
What should I consider when I want to share a solely private/non-commercial little “Meeting Helper” with some friends?

More concise:

• May I pass my SDK Key and secret to them? Or should they all register for themselves and use their own? (which would be a little cumbersome but managable)
  • Is it even allowed to integrate SDK Key/Secret in the app? (I guess no…?)
  • May I share my project on github as a non-commercial/private little “Zoom addon”?

Which version?
SDK v5.4.54524.1229 (but also previous version like the last from github v5.2.42037.1112)

To Reproduce(If applicable)
N/A

Screenshots
N/A

Device (please complete the following information):

Additional context
Background: That “helper” is a small WPF app that is using SDK to join a meeting and then it can be made Co-Host. Then it allows to more easily sort users, rename them, mute them or lower hands on them. Future ideas are: More easily start sharing content (one click) or have a list with names that would be auto-accepted from waiting room.
I built this for my personal use initially. Well and now there are some friends of mine who would also like to use that tool when they are hosting meetings. They all work with a “pro plan” at the least.
I was also thinking about putting this little project on github with reference to the (now outdated) github Zoom SDK wrapper project.

Would I be breaking any license terms with that? What would I have to consider on this?
Thanks in advance!

Hi @roland.oldenburg, thanks for using our SDK.

What should I consider when I want to share a solely private/non-commercial little “Meeting Helper” with some friends?

Unfortunately, we cannot provide guidance on this matter aside from what is outlined in the terms of use. On this forum, we would really only be able to provide guidance on the technical aspects of your application.

Is it even allowed to integrate SDK Key/Secret in the app? (I guess no…?)

Really, how you include your SDK key/secret in your application is up to you. We try to make it clear in our docs that it is generally a bad idea to include your key/secret in your application and recommend that you generate a JWT on your own servers, but this is not required. If you include the raw key/secret somewhere in your project, it is technically possible for anyone with your application to gain access to your developer credentials. We will not and cannot prevent you from distributing an application which exposes this data, so you are responsible for keeping your developer credentials secure.

May I share my project on github as a non-commercial/private little “Zoom addon”?

As of right now, if you were to share your project on GitHub it would need to exclude the SDK package.

Would I be breaking any license terms with that? What would I have to consider on this?

This would be another scenario for which I would direct you towards the terms of use. Unfortunately I cannot make any statements on what the allowed usages of our SDK are on this forum.

Thanks!

I see. I am not a lawyer nor native english speaker. That makes it really hard to refer “to the terms of use”.
Still thank you very much for your quick response and for your pointers.

Hi @roland.oldenburg,

Apologies for the inconvenience regarding the terms of use, but unfortunately legal documents are not something I am able to assist with interpreting. Thank you for understanding, and please let me know if I can help in any other way. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!