Limit on number of OAuth apps

We are in the middle of QA Testing our Zoom integration for our school districts and encountered this error when attempting to create our last test OAuth API:

“You have exceeded the limit on number of OAuth apps you are allowed to create.”

I removed 2 older OAuth APIs, but the error message persists.

Ideally, no limit is nice =)

Hey @edu_dev4,

How many have you created? What is your Zoom account # so I can debug?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello tommy!

I have 12 up and running in dev right now. I had 14 before the message appeared. If you have any questions about our QA processes and why this is needed, would love to elaborate in PM. We’ve actually been trying to set up a meeting on the business side since we have many clients itching to use the integration.

Zoom account #52100773

Hey @edu_dev4,

Wow that is a good amount of apps. Are they all created by one user?

As a work around you can try having another Zoom user on your account create one.

I will look and see if there is a limit.

Thanks,
Tommy

Yeah, they are created on this account. Its funny you mention using a new user, as that’s exactly the path I went.

Thanks tommy!

Hey @edu_dev4,

Looks like there is a limit. I will request it be increased for you. (ZOOM-179458)

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Confirming this did work! Thank you tommy.

Hey @edu_dev4,

Turns out we only limit the maximum number of apps created within a 24 hour period. If you reach the limit, just wait a day and you will be able to create more. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy