List Meeting API's Questions

Hi,

Looking to do an integration with Zoom meeting with our Salesforce platform. We are going to use the Meeting API’s to do this. A few questions:

1. In the List Meeting call, it ask for the {userid}, I’d like to confirm that it is referring to username that is used to log into the zoom platform? I understand that the SF email/username must match the zoom login in order the API to work.

2. If we are planning to do a call to retrieve all zoom meetings to returned in Salesforce and then use the Get List Meeting Registrants to work similiary to Zoom Webinar, is there anything we should consider?

Thanks much,
Shawn

Hi @shawn_jstreet ,

Good questions—happy to clarify.

1. In the List Meeting call, it ask for the {userid}, I’d like to confirm that it is referring to username that is used to log into the zoom platform? I understand that the SF email/username must match the zoom login in order the API to work.

The userId for this endpoint will be referring to a Zoom user’s ID. This can also be replaced with the email address their Zoom account is associated with.

1. If we are planning to do a call to retrieve all zoom meetings to returned in Salesforce and then use the Get List Meeting Registrants to work similiary to Zoom Webinar, is there anything we should consider?

This should be possible. You could first query each user’s meetings using this endpoint:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetings

And if a meeting had registration required, you can query this endpoint based on Meeting ID:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingregistrants

Let me know if you have additional questions about this!

Best,
Will

@will.zoom very great detail. Very grateful.
Very last question for today - I understand zoom meeting is different from zoom webinar. The zoom app integration has hidden code and triggers that are not editable.

Have you ever heard of anyone successfully leveraging zoom webinar custom objects to store zoom meetings and zoom meeting registrants so that the managed code will allow our zoom meeting data to be processed in the same way as the webinars? i.e. new campaign to be created, campaign members, etc.

Thanks you very much,
Shawn

Hi @shawn_jstreet,

Happy to help.

Regarding:

Have you ever heard of anyone successfully leveraging zoom webinar custom objects to store zoom meetings and zoom meeting registrants so that the managed code will allow our zoom meeting data to be processed in the same way as the webinars? i.e. new campaign to be created, campaign members, etc.

I don’t believe this is supported. For additional access/control to webinar objects, I would recommend checking out our Web SDK.

Let me know if this helps to clarify,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.