Salesforce/ Zoom Integration -- documentation and zoom webinar problems

Description

1. Can anyone tell me if there is documentation regarding what the different zoom objects mean or the designed intended use for them? For example – There is Zoom Webinar History, Zoom Call Logs, Zoom Webinar Registrants. What are those objects for? I am developing a documentation guide on how to use them for our organization and I can’t find anything aside from integration documentation.

2. Is there a way to sync previous webinars that have happened? For example, prior to creating the integration between Salesforce and Zoom, we had several webinars. Right now we are manually adding these folks, but didn’t know if there was a way to automatically retrieve those past webinars?

3. How do you see who actually attended a webinar. I see there is a is_attendeeed (yes spelled wrong as it’s spelled wrong in zoom object), but it appears to not be populating who actually attened. So how I see that information?

4. I am learning that I have to go to the zoom configs everyday to confirm the api otherwise the zoom app won’t send over the newly created webinars. Is there a reason why I have to confirm so often? Does it expire when I log out of Salesforce?

I am using the native Zoom app found in the app exchange.

Hey @shawn_jstreet,

Please see the Zoom Salesforce App docs here:

Let me know if you have additional questions! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Thank you for that. I’ve already seen that documetation but it doesn’t quite say much regarding what the objects are that are created. Those are more instructions on how to connect the Salesforce org and the app.

It’d help if my questions are answered directly.

I appreciate you!

Shawn

Hi Tommy,

Have a look at given video.

I want to hide password displayed into zoom app. Any Api available there to hide that password.

Regards
Gourab Singha

Hey @gourab.singha.1986,

Please create a new topic for your question since it is unrelated to this topic: #zoom-api

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @shawn_jstreet,

I will have the engineers who built the Salesforce App answer these questions. I will get back to you once I have the answers. (ZOOM-170584)

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy I appreciate that!!! It will help me better train our staff and educate myself. I appreciate that.

Best,
Shawn

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Thank you for the above information!

I do have a question… The salesforce and zoom integration works great for NON-recurring webinars. Does zoom support recurring webinars in the salesforce integration?

Hey @ccoombs, happy to help!

Not at the moment no.

Feel free to add this as a feature request here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @shawn_jstreet,

Checkout this info:

1. Here are some custom objects

2. How to synchronize the previous webinar to salesforce:

Create a new zoom webinar on salesforce, and copy the webinarid of previous one on zoom.us and populate it into the Salesforce Zoom webinar record you just created, and click the manual sync button on zoom webinar detail page.(if you don’t have webinarid field on you page, please add it on you page layout)

3. Webinar attendees will be synchronized to salesforce after the webinar is held:

The Zoom webinar history associate the lead/contact with the registrant and webinar attendee. The is_attendeed field let you know the registrant attended the webinar. You can get the actual join time, actual left time from the zoom webinar attendee object.

4. You just need to authorize access for webinar once, it won’t be expired when you log out of Salesforce. But if you use the same account authorize in another org, it will be expired.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy you are the man. Thank you! This is helpful

1 Like

@tommy me again! It appears our developer is having some issues using the OAuth.

happen to know the responses to these questions:

1. I am facing the issue when authenticating with zoom.
    I am using the below params in order to authenticate. But I am getting 302 status code.

response_type=code
client_id=OnGr53WjSBm6M9zK8UMtTA
redirect_uri=https://www.jstreet.org/

Regarding fetching the user answers from a webinar,
The link you provided will provide us the questions on the webinar form. It doesn’t provide us the answers.

Is this the correct API to bring in the necessary details - https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/webinars/webinarregistrants

1. Final question - If we get OAuth to work, this will allow the live data to continue flowing in production Salesforce using JWT and OAuth in production? We are wanting to test our configurations in Sandbox before making live in production.

Many thanks
Shawn

Hey @shawn_jstreet,

Can you have your developer create a new thread here with the issues so I can work directly with them?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy ,

I am trying to sync a current webinar that did not initially sync with Salesforce. So I eseentially followed the steps in 2 and 3 by creating a zoom webinar. then syncing. Take a look at the image below… After pasting the webinar ID from zoom into Salesforce, the Register URL and UuID (in the Zoom Webinar object) is not consistent with what’s in Zoom.

The problem I am encounering happens when I do a test registration for our live page through zoom, it doesn’t populate Salesforce. And then If I do a test registration in the register URL from Salesforce, it’s not the same registration link. Am I missing something as to why the registration links are different? I want to sync this future webinar so that future registrants will end up in Salesforce.

Thank you.

Hey @shawn_jstreet,

I have just private messaged you for details on how we can debug this.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @shawn_jstreet,

Please remove the blank space from the webinar id copied from the web and try again:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like