List recent meetings

Description

I would like to find a list of recent meetings programmatically, however this does not appear to be possible.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?

JWT

Which Endpoint/s?

/users/{userId}/meetings

Additional context

I’d like to automatically post-process recently finished meetings. For that I would like to actually obtain the recent meetings, and therefore I have the following questions.

1. Is it correct that the /users/{userId}/meetings does not allow obtaining ended meetings sorted by start or end time? If no, please consider adding new query parameters to that endpoint.
  2. Is it correct that this endpoint returns the meetings sorted by start time of the first instance? If yes, please specify this in the docs.
  3. Assuming the above two questions are correct, is the most straightforward implementation of what I have in mind to query all meetings and sort them by start time manually?

Thanks in advance!

Hey @akhmerov,

Great questions and happy to clarify.

First, to answer your questions directly:

1. Is it correct that the /users/{userId}/meetings does not allow obtaining ended meetings sorted by start or end time? If no, please consider adding new query parameters to that endpoint.

That’s correct—you can’t sort the request by start/end time at the moment, though that’s a great suggestion.

1. Is it correct that this endpoint returns the meetings sorted by start time of the first instance? If yes, please specify this in the docs.

When querying the List Meetings endpoint, the last occurrence of a recurring meeting will be the only occurrence returned via this endpoint.

1. Assuming the above two questions are correct, is the most straightforward implementation of what I have in mind to query all meetings and sort them by start time manually?

My recommendation would be to implement logic on your end to ingest the response and then sort it. You may also find it helpful to subscribe to our Meeting Started/Meeting Ended Webhooks, to keep a running log of ended meetings:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/webhook-reference/meeting-events/meeting-ending
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/webhook-reference/meeting-events/meeting-started

I hope this is helpful!

Best,
Will

Thanks, that answers my question. Since I’m implementing a stateless integration, subscribing to webhooks isn’t an option for me and I’ll sort meetings by my own.

One final clarification request: can you please clarify what is the sort order in which the meetings are returned? Does the API make any guarantees about the order?

Hey @akhmerov,

This API will return non-recurring meetings in chronological order. If the response includes recurring meetings, only the last occurrence of a series will be returned in the chronological order.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Will

Hi @will.zoom!

By “chronological order” do you mean sorted by creation time? If yes, I can confirm, and suggest specifying this in the API docs, so that folks may optimize their queries. If you mean sorted by the start time, then there’s a bug because the sort order I observe matches the creation time.

Hey @akhmerov,

Meetings returned in the response for /users/userId/meetings?type=past are generally returned in order by start_date, though this is not guaranteed based on JSON standard, and recurrring meetings (type 8) do not follow this trend.

We do not recommend relying on this, and rather encourage you to have sorting logic on your end.

I hope this helps to clarify,
Will

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.