Local recording black screen

Description
When recording locally with the SDK set to custom ui the recording that is saved has audio but the video is black. When you do it with the zoom ui it works.

I think this is a bug but I maybe configuring something in correctly. Please help.

Which version?
ZoomSDK Version: 5.2.1 (41751.1026)

Hi @timazed,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear that you are facing such issue. Could you provide the SDK log for us to investigate?

Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom,

You can find the logs here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/10ffYNGubLo7xc5bddgGw7ZJQoPJ72uKx/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers,
Tim

After looking at the SDK closer - I think I might have to implement the onCustomizedRecordingSourceReceived handler.

I’ll take a look at that and check in once I’ve done so.

After more investigation nothing appears to work to actually get the video stream to not be black on the recording. I’m assuming there’s some internal issue with how custom UI works vs the default UI in the sdk.

+1 here.

I was unable to get the local recording to show anything but a black screen even with the onCustomizedRecordingSourceReceived handler. I’ve also been testing the recording functionality on most up-to-date Electron SDK (which has an available API for recording now) and this also leads to a black screen with audio when doing a local recording.

@carson.zoom if you have a demo app with custom UI you should be able to reproduce it by just attempting a local recording.

Hi @timazed,

Thanks for providing the log file. Let me forward this to the engineering team for investigation and get back to you shortly.

Thanks!