Low Quality Raw Video

Description : Video resolution limited to 15fps at 360p

SDK Version : Windows Meeting SDK v5.9.7.3953

Reproducible Steps : Steps needed to reproduce the behavior:

• Join a meeting
  • Subscribe to raw video for one participant (only one single participant with excellent network quality)
  • The one participant has HD video enabled
  • Group HD video enabled
  • Set resolution ‘setRawDataResolution(ZoomSDKResolution.ZoomSDKResolution_1080P)’
  • Receive raw video frames that are 640x360 at 15fps
  • Device Type: Windows 10

Real Question : Is this the maximum supported resolution for the Meeting SDK? (even for a single subscription)

Hi @chump,

When you attempt to reproduce this, is the video of any remote participants being rendered? Also, what is the platform and device of the participant whose video you are subscribing?

Thanks!

Thanks for responding, @jon.zoom!

• I am in custom UI mode
  • no video is being rendered
  • the remote video I subscribe to is a windows laptop on the standard zoom client

Hi @chump,

Thanks for confirming. It doesn’t sound like there are any device or bandwidth limitations imposed by Zoom causing this. Can you also verify whether or not your account has been properly setup to allow full HD video? Instructions can be found here.

Thanks!

I can verify that the account has been properly setup.
(it’s an Enterprise account with Group HD enabled)

Hi @chump,

Thanks for verifying that. Are you also calling EnableHDVideo? What is the return value of IsHDVideoEnabled?

Thanks!

• I added the call to EnableHDVideo.
  • IsHDVideoEnabled returns true
  • resolution is still 640x360

Hi @chump,

Interesting, it seems like you should be receiving a higher resolution. Can you check if you’re able to get 720p instead of 1080p? If so, it would seem that 1080p is not available in your meeting. If you aren’t able to get 720p in these circumstances, we’ll need the encrypted SDK logs to investigate further.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.