Is there any way to send video to the ZoomSDKRawDataSender in resolution higher than 640x480?

Description
Currently we are able to send a raw data video via the ZoomSDKRawDataVideoSourceController by setting an external video source.
We successfully get the “onInitialize” delegate call, but there is only one capability in the capability list with 640x480 resolution and the same capability is set as “suggestedCapability”.
When we are trying to send a video frame that is bigger than suggested, SDK seems to trim the input to 640 by 480. In this case additionally we get periodic video artefacts (green strips) on the Zoom side.
When sending a video feed to the native Zoom app in another way (by using our custom virtual webcam driver), we are noticing that native app supports better resolution (at least 720p).
Is there any way to send video to the ZoomSDKRawDataSender in resolution higher than 640x480?

Which macOS Meeting SDK version?

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Apple Mac Mini 2020 M1

Hi @mcfly,

Can you please confirm what the return value of isCatcHHDVideoOn is when you are unable to send 720p? And when you use your virtual webcam to successfully send video data, is this using the same SDK instance in the same meeting?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,
isCatchHDVideoOn was set to False. However, setting it True did not change anything.
Webcam driver is completely different flow, it does not use SDK. Our application is sending a video stream to the driver and the driver is used by the native Zoom client on Mac.

Hi @mcfly,

In that case, it isn’t clear what is preventing you from being able to send 720p. Can you please provide the SDK logs so that we can investigate further?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,
Here is a link to the log file: Google Drive: Sign-in

I’ve also noticed a side effect from enabling enableCatchHDVideo - the web camera is becoming active right after this call. Is this an intended behaviour?
If yes, when is the best moment to enable this? Enabling when SDK is authorised seems to be a bad choice because the user may become confused on why the camera is enabled when it should not be in use.

Hi @mcfly,

It does not look like I have access to that Google Drive link. Can you please grant access when you have a chance?

I’ve also noticed a side effect from enabling enableCatchHDVideo - the web camera is becoming active right after this call. Is this an intended behaviour?

This setting works similarly to the video settings window in the Zoom client, wherein you would have a video preview active when you are on that screen in order to access that setting. So yes, this is expected behavior. If you are actually transmitting video to other users in the meeting though, that would probably not be expected behavior. Can you confirm whether or not this is the case?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,
An access has been updated, please check: ZoomHelper.app_0.log - Google Drive

@jon.zoom , the camera is not used at the moment of the call, but it remains active, even if the meeting is not started.

Hi @mcfly,

Thanks for the logs, we’ll investigate this and let you know once we have any updates.

the camera is not used at the moment of the call, but it remains active, even if the meeting is not started.

Right, so this is due to the design of the video setting window mentioned earlier. I can definitely see why this could be a privacy concern for your end users though, since seeing a camera light turn on unexpectedly could make them think their video is being captured against their wishes. Let us look into whether or not we can change this behavior and get back to you.

Thanks!

Hi @mcfly,

Just a quick update regarding the active camera issue, it looks like this should be resolved in the 5.10.6 release at the end of this month.

Still looking into the HD issue though and will let you know when we find anything.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,
Thank you, waiting on your suggestions regarding HD issue

Hi @mcfly,

I know you mentioned that you were able to send HD through a driver and we’ve checked the setting at runtime, but can you please confirm that HD video is enabled in the web portal when trying to send 720p frames? We’re still investigating this on our end and are seeing some potentially conflicting information in the logs.

Also, are you aware of any flags set on your account specifically by a Zoom employee related to video (they may have called it an OP flag)?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,
Thank you for the suggestion.
The HD video option seems to be not available on some accounts. After enabling it on my account I still get the only option - 640 by 480.
I am not aware of any flags set for my account.

Hi @mcfly,

Thanks for trying that out. Can you provide the SDK logs again from a meeting where that setting was enabled, in case the underlying behavior may have changed?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,
Here is a link to the new log: app_0.log - Google Drive
Hopefully you can find the solution

Hi @jon.zoom ,
Do you have any news regarding the HD issue?

Hi @jon.zoom ,
We have performed a check on SDK 5.10.6.7530. The issue still persists. Do you have any news?

hi @mcfly
I had the same case with green strips and cropped image.
you need to use vImageConvert_ARGB8888To420Yp8_Cb8_Cr8 to convert your pixel buffer to yuv420 format before ZoomSDKRawDataSender using.

Hi @anton.yereshchenko , thank you for the suggestion. However, the buffer is already yuv420 tri-planar