LTI Pro app - is personal data being kept in the US?

Description
I work at a swedish university. When using the LTI Pro app from within our LMS, personal data is sent to applications.zoom.us. Our lawyers are wondering if the personal data we send is being stored in the US.

Which App?
LTI Pro

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Install App
  2. Open developer tools in browser, go to network tab
  3. Click on Zoom module in LMS
  4. Look for request with personal data sent to applications.zoom.us

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
This app is being used in large scale by universities in the nordic countries. We might need to stop using it. Finding out whether personal data is stored in the US or not will help our decision making.

Hi @pnts-se,

Thank you for reaching out about this. I’m working on clarifying this for you, and will follow up as soon as I can confirm. (ZOOM-208981)

Thanks,
Will

Hi @pnts-se,

The LTI Pro App is hosted in different data centers in different regions. Customers’ data is stored in the data center where their account is hosted. For example, if a customer’s account is hosted in the EU, then the customer’s data will only be stored in the EU—no data will be stored in the US.

All requests are sent to applications.zoom.us which is in the US, but is redirected immediately to the LTI Pro integration located in the customer’s data center/region.

Let me know if this is the information you were looking for.

Best,
Will

1 Like

Thanks Will, I appreciate your fast reply.

No problem, glad I could help @pnts-se.

Best,
Will

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.