LTI Pro: Editing a recurring meeting sometimes removes all but last occurrence

Description
In the LTI Pro (Blackboard in this case), if you edit a recurring meeting, manually type in a new alternative host, then save, it removes all occurrences except the last occurrence. Subsequently editing the meeting in LTI Pro shows the proper start date and the proper number of occurrences, but re-saving does not restore the missing meetings. The only way to restore is to edit the meeting in the main Zoom web site to the proper start date, then save.

Error
All occurrences except the last one are removed when manually adding an alternative host to a single meeting in LTI Pro.

Which App?
LTI Pro

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a recurring meeting using the API.
  2. Import that meeting ID into LTI Pro.
  3. Select the topic from the list of upcoming meetings.
  4. Select Edit this meeting.
  5. Expand Advanced options.
  6. Add a new e-mail address to the Alternative hosts.
  7. Select Save. All but the last occurrence are now missing.

Additional context
This is causing issues for our ~1,500 weekly meetings through LTI Pro, so a quick fix would be appreciated.

Hey @AVJeff ,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are taking a look now. (ZOOM-236662)

I will report back with updates and the fix.

-Tommy

Hey @AVJeff,

We were unable to reproduce the issue. Can you please email developersupport@zoom.us with the request body when the user creates a recurring meeting using the API? (Step 1)

Please also include a link to this thread in the email. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

E-mail sent. I can also create a video of the process showing the missing occurrences if that is helpful.

1 Like

Thank you @AVJeff ! We are looking into this and will work on fixing it asap.

-Tommy

This seems to be happening more frequently now, and under more scenarios than just adding an alternative host. I haven’t figured out exactly what those scenarios are, but our instructors panic when suddenly their Zoom meetings disappear from the Upcoming meetings list.
When we edit the affected meeting ID from the main Zoom site, the recurrence end date jumps to a month ahead despite not showing that in the Upcoming meeting list. Seems like something isn’t lining up somewhere.

Thanks for the additional info @AVJeff !

Looking into this…

-Tommy

Hi there,
I’m having the exact same issue. Have there been any updates?

I have not heard anything in a while. Maybe @tommy can give us an update.

Hey @AVJeff , @melina.fiol ,

We are still in the process of debugging this issue, we really appreciate your patience.

@melina.fiol , Can you please email developersupport@zoom.us with the request body when the user creates a recurring meeting using the API? (Step 1)

Please also include a link to this thread in the email. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @AVJeff , @melina.fiol ,

Unfortunately we still cannot reproduce this issue.

Please provide a video of the issue so we can investigate further.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
I just e-mailed a video of this issue as part of of my previous developersupport case.
Thanks,
Jeff.

1 Like

Thanks @AVJeff !

We are taking a look!

-Tommy

Hi all, just thought I’d let you know that this has been solved for my meetings. I’m not sure about everyone else, but hoping this is fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know @melina.fiol , happy to hear you are no longer experiencing this issue! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi, I am also having this issue as of today. Editing and saving a re-occurring meeting to add an alt-host to all occurrences in Zoom deletes the re-occurring meetings. They have to be restored individually. Was there ever a reported fix for this issue?

Hi @laceecannon,
This was never resolved. The last I heard from Zoom was that they could not replicate the issue and have not found the root cause.

Thank you so much @AVJeff. That’s a shame to hear! I can capture video of the issue like others have too if it helps in any sense–this has cropped up a few times this week on my end.

Hey @laceecannon ,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. If you could please send the video capture of the issue to developersupport@zoom.us that will help us investigate issue.

@AVJeff , we will keep you updated on any new developments.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.