LTI Pro: more alternative host issues

We are having multiple problems with the changes to the way LTI Pro handles alternative hosts since the December 2020 update.
In addition to these two issues:

and

We are now seeing some users added via the Manage alternative hosts menu not properly being added as alternative hosts. For one example, we added 13 addresses via the vertical “…” → Manage alternative hosts section, but only 10 were actually added to the meetings in the LTI Pro, and as a result, when those three other users went to start the meetings, they were told to wait for a host even though they were defined as alternative hosts. Even after I manually added the missing addresses to the meeting, those three could not start them from the LTI Pro tool in Blackboard.

Is there a limit to how many users can be added as alternative hosts? I see in the November 2020 release notes the limit should be 60, but in practice, that appears to not be the case.

All of these issues are causing major problems for course delivery at our university.

Thank you,
Jeff.

Hey @AVJeff ,

Sorry to hear that you are seeing more alternative issues.

Are you seeing any error messages when trying to add the 3 address that did not go through?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

No, the LTI Pro allowed us to add more than 10 alternative hosts under Manage alternative hosts, but only the first 10 seem to be shown the Start button.

Interestingly, if we rearrange the list of names under Manage alternative hosts, it’s always the top 10 that get the Start button. So if we move user at spot 11 in that list to spot 2, they will now be presented with the Start button. But user at spot 10 gets pushed to spot 11, and they no longer get the Start button; they see a Join button, instead, and can no longer start the meeting.

Thanks for your help with these issues,
Jeff.

Thanks for the additional details @AVJeff , we are looking into this. (ZOOM-238750)

-Tommy

1 Like

Hey @AVJeff ,

We were not able to reproduce this issue.

Can you to check the number of alternative hosts when scheduling a meeting?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

I am now unable to reproduce this issue, as well, and it is no longer a problem in the original course where I witnessed the issue last week. Although I did see this problem happening myself, it appears to be fine this week. If it happens again, I will let you know, but otherwise we can probably close this one.

Thank you,
Jeff.

1 Like

Hey @AVJeff ,

Happy to hear you are no longer seeing this issue. Please let us know if it comes up again.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.