MAC RTC Zoom SDK not built for 64 bit architecture for swift

We want to use Mac RTC Zoom SDK for video calling and chatting support in our Mac OS X swift project.

Problem Description: 
When we add the frameworks in ZoomSDK folder in our swift project. We get the following warning and errors:

ld: warning: ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/deepanshig-l/Desktop/SamplesZoom/SwiftSample/ZoomSDK/libssl.1.0.0.dylib, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): /Users/deepanshig-l/Desktop/SamplesZoom/SwiftSample/ZoomSDK/libssl.1.0.0.dylibignoring file /Users/deepanshig-l/Desktop/SamplesZoom/SwiftSample/ZoomSDK/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): /Users/deepanshig-l/Desktop/SamplesZoom/SwiftSample/ZoomSDK/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib

ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/deepanshig-l/Desktop/SamplesZoom/SwiftSample/ZoomSDK/ZoomSDK.framework/ZoomSDK, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): /Users/deepanshig-l/Desktop/SamplesZoom/SwiftSample/ZoomSDK/ZoomSDK.framework/ZoomSDK 
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64: 
“_OBJC_CLASS_$_ZoomSDK”, referenced from: 
objc-class-ref in AppDelegate.o 
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64 
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

As the frameworks are built for 32 bit architecture, and our Mac app is built in swift with deployment target 10.10 (swift does not support 32 bit architecture, it supports 64 bit architecture). Can you provide frameworks built with 64 bit architecture.

Please guide us, how we can add Mac Zoom SDK in our swift project with deployment target 10.10. If you can mention all the steps, it would be highly grateful.

Thanks

Hi Anubhav,

currently Zoom MAC SDK doesn’t support 64bits, the reason is that our dependence only support 32bits. It’s on our roadmap to support 64 bits SDK. However currently, if you want to use Zoom MAC SDK, you have to develop in 32bits and the other libraries you using should also be 32bits.

Best

Wei

What is the expected timeline for the release of Zoom Mac SDK with 64 bit architecture support, as swift projects only support 64 bit architecture. And our project is in swift.

Hi Anubhav,

the expected timeline will be end of this year. We will keep you posted after we get a confirmed date.

Best

Is there any update on this?  I’d like to integrate Zoom with an existing application that is 64-bit.

Thanks,

-Mike

@Wei_Guo1 any update on this?

Hi bigzoo,
Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Our Mac SDK should support 64 bit right now. Are you getting any errors?

Thanks!