Marketplace App - JWT tokens

I’m trying to wrap my head around the ‘installation’ of a JWT application from the marketplace.
I’ve created a JWT app in my account and generated an API Key/Secret pair. All is well and using a JWT token generated from that pair, I can access the REST API just fine.

What I’m trying to figure out, what is the process for the user when they ‘install’ this app. Obviously, my application needs to be aware of the new API key/secret pair for them correct? But I don’t see any webhook that is called with this information when the app is ‘installed’ … so what exactly is occurring when an app is installed?

Hi @kswanton,

Happy to help clarify.

To that end, please note that JWT apps are account-wide, and you will only have 1 JWT app for your entire Zoom account. This is not an installable app type, but rather a JWT app provides you with 1 set of credentials to authenticate server to server requests in Zoom.

This is different than our OAuth App types, which are installable, and are intended for end users to authorize your app to make API requests on their behalf.

JWT, however, does not require end user authorization as this is an admin level app that communicates server to server—once you generate a JWT token from your JWT credentials, you can make requests on behalf of any user under your account.

Let me know if this helps to clarify!

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

Thanks. I understand now and have moved to creating the app as an OAuth app instead of JWT.

Glad I could help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.