Marketplace app not working due to scopes error despite adding scope

Format Your New Topic as Follows:

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
dashboardMeetingParticipants:
GET /accounts/{accountId}/metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants

(Note: this editor is not letting me add a link :frowning: )

Description
We created a new marketplace app for dev purposes and are trying to access the API endpoint above with our credentials, but we are getting a scope error despite adding the required scopes.

Error?
{"code":4711,"message":"Invalid access token, does not contain scopes:[dashboard:read:list_meeting_participants:master]."}

Note: The editor is not allowing me to submit this with a screenshot. Please reach out to me at bbrown@rvohealth.com if you need more context. Thanks.

12 Likes

Hi @bbrown can you please try uninstalling the application locally and removing the scope, then re-adding the scope, re-authing and generating a new access token?

1 Like

Hi Gianna, thanks for the response. I’m on the same team as @bbrown. Just for clarity, this is a brand new Zoom marketplace application (server-to-server oauth). It was created a few days ago and had the permissions added to it then.

I’ll try removing and re-adding the scope and testing again.

Ok @gianni.zoom, since this is an OAuth server-to-server app, I couldn’t uninstall anything. But I removed the scope dashboard:read:list_meeting_participants:master, added it back, regenerated a new access token, and tested the API endpoint for:

GET /accounts/{accountId}/metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants

It’s still returning a status code 400 response with the following contents:

statusCode: 400,
body:  {
    "code": 4711,
    "message": "Invalid access token, does not contain scopes: [dashboard:read:list_meeting_participants:master]."
}

Hi @bbrown @shelms1 , I think there may be a bug with Master scopes/endpoints. I’ve seen another user share the same experience: Invalid access token, does not contain scopes (with any master scopes)

I’m doing some digging internally on this and will get back to you.

5 Likes

Hi @gianni.zoom thanks for taking a look into this! Just so that we can communicate timelines and expectations internally, can you help us understand what the typical turnaround time for a bug fix might be? Not sure if this is actively being worked on or is in a backlog. Thanks!

Hi @bbrown @shelms1 ,

Need to collect a bit more info from you to escalate as a bug. Please respond to my private message with the following:

• client id
  • zm-tracking-id found in the response header of the error respone
  • screenshot showing correct scope is added
  • developer email associated with the app

You’ll see the notification for the private message when you click on your icon picture for notifications. It will look like a letter icon.

2 Likes

I can’t seem to initiate a private message to you, but I’d be happy to provide the same details, since my issue appears to be a duplicate of this one.

Hi @tswinehart I just initiated the message to you, please check your notifications.

1 Like

Bug report submitted (ZSEE-141967), I will share updates as they become available!

3 Likes

@gianni.zoom thank you! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @tswinehart @shelms1 @bbrown are you account owners or admin?

I am the account owner in my account

1 Like

I’m an admin in the account I was using above.

2 Likes

Still awaiting additionally feedback but I see other SMEs reporting the same behavior for another account. Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Hi @gianni.zoom I appreciate you looking into this issue! I’m on the same team as shelms1 & bbrown and wanted to check in to see if you needed any additional information to assist with this bug?

1 Like