Meeting Doesn't End When Everyone Leaves (1.7.6)

I closed the browser after connecting both parties for both users, and the meeting appears to remain running looking at the Meetings dashboard.

I noticed this because after closing the window, I cannot start a new meeting, and I had to go to the meeting dashboard to end the meeting. Then I could start a new meeting.

The error returned is something to do with the network timing out. I don’t get the option to end the other meeting in progress or anything that tells me there’s another meeting preventing this one from starting.

How do I ensure the meeting is ended if a user (host) closes the browser window without ending the meeting?

This becomes especially problematic when using Instant Meetings since they don’t appear to show up in the Meetings dashboard, so there is no way to get back to them to end them if you don’t know the meeting number.

Hey @sales1,

If the host closes the browser window or gets disconnected and their is no one else in the meeting, the meeting will end in a few minutes.

Thanks,
Tommy

That’s good to know. I’m keeping track of running meetings and attempting to close them now. Our use case involves multiple back to back meetings and forgetting to explicitly end one would cause issues for few minutes for people.

I know we can list meetings, but can we list just running meetings so we don’t have to worry about trying to keep track of this locally and explicitly ending meetings any time we find one running as this isn’t perfect either.

The web UI prompts you to end other running meetings for the user, it is somewhat disappointing this isn’t an option baked into the Web SDK. Or is it and I missed the configuration parameter?

Hey @sales1,

You can see all live meetings using the following endpoints:

Then you can end them via the end meeting API.

Thanks,
Tommy

I think we landed on just attempting to explicitly end a meeting we still have marked as being open for a user and accepting the error to speed things up.

The WebClient has a dialogue built in which offers to close the running meeting which would probably be a nice thing to have in the WebSDK. I sort of anticipated that would be there with the SDK as well, but that does not appear to be the case unless I missed a possible configuration option.

That would be a nice flag to have to send in ZoomMtg.join({endExisting: true, … }).

1 Like

Sounds good @sales1!

I will talk to the team about adding the dialog to be in parity with the Zoom Web Client.

Thanks,
Tommy