Meeting Event Question

Description/Error
I am setting meeting enter and meeting leave events on the User OAuth apps.

Which Endpoint/s or App Types
WEBHOOK

I am wondering if I have two Users, both of which have authorized the User OAuth app. Then UserA starts a meeting and UserB enters the meeting. Should I get events for both these users entering that meeting?

Also let say I have two Users, UserA is not authorized but UserB is. If UserA starts a meeting and UserB enters, will I get an enter event for UserB?

Thanks,

Hey @nate,

For the Meeting Started Webhook, it will be fired usually only once since starting a meeting happens only one time per meeting.

For the Meeting Participant Joined Webhook, it will be fired every time a Participant joins the meeting.

Yes you will still get the Participant Joined Webhook if the OAuth app is installed by the Host. Mind that not all of the data will pe present in the payload, for example user id since that user is not logged in.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

So to be clear if a host who has not authed our app creates a meeting and user who has joins that meeting. Well we get events for that user?

Thanks,
Nate

Hey @nate,

From the docs:

The “ Meeting Participant Joined ” event is triggered every time an attendee joins a meeting. The attendee could be a participant or a host. The meeting host must be a user in your account or a user in any other accounts that have installed your webhook-enabled app.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the clarification here.

1 Like

Hey @nate, happy to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy